Cloudy Egg Whites

Goatpants

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 14, 2016
Oregon
Hello folks,
I have an older RIR that has started laying cloudy eggs. I am wondering if it might be age related or something more serious. We haven't been eating them just in case. The hen is quite healthy and has no issues that we can see.

Thank You!
Janelle

Hello folks,
I have an older RIR that has started laying cloudy eggs. I am wondering if it might be age related or something more serious. We haven't been eating them just in case. The hen is quite healthy and has no issues that we can see.

Thank You!
Janelle
My eggs sometimes have cloudy whites also. I looked it up and it means they are really fresh eggs. The cloudiness is carbon dioxide that has not yet escaped the egg shell. Safe to eat!

My eggs sometimes have cloudy whites also. I looked it up and it means they are really fresh eggs. The cloudiness is carbon dioxide that has not yet escaped the egg shell. Safe to eat!
Wow, I am so glad (and a little sad) to know this! I have tossed so many eggs because I assumed it was contamination, many of my birds like to lay on the soil directly so I was concerned about listeria it something else like that. You learn something new everyday!

Back
Top Bottom