Color varieties that have Dom White gene

Hatching

Songster
6 Years
Jan 2, 2014
Hello everyone, I looking to get a rooster for my flock, I'm not really interested in producing pure bred bird or really extremely prolific layers, just pretty birds as my chickens are pets more than anything else. Ive been messing around with a color calculator and like the chicken colors that come out when the rooster has the dominate white gene. Ive only come across a few color varieties that have dominate white, buff laced white, red Pyle, golden neck duccle and solid white as in White Rhode islands.

Is there any other color varieties that use the dominate white gene ?

thanks for the help
smile.png

Hello everyone, I looking to get a rooster for my flock, I'm not really interested in producing pure bred bird or really extremely prolific layers, just pretty birds as my chickens are pets more than anything else. Ive been messing around with a color calculator and like the chicken colors that come out when the rooster has the dominate white gene. Ive only come across a few color varieties that have dominate white, buff laced white, red Pyle, golden neck duccle and solid white as in White Rhode islands.

Is there any other color varieties that use the dominate white gene ?

thanks for the help
smile.png
Rhode Island Whites are silver, not dominant white. White Leghorns are dominant white. Not every white bird is dominant white. Some breeds only have recessive white genes.
The color varieties can only be created using a very specific combination of genes. The buff laced white, for instance is a gold laced crossed with dominant white, then bred back to gold laced. It can take several generations to get it just right.
Most of the time when crossing a dominant white bird with another color, you get something that looks like a California White; a mostly white bird with 'polka dots.'

White Rocks often carry dominant white, and it's often masking barring. You can get some cool effects introducing barring that's not on a black based bird, depending who you cross him with.

Back
Top Bottom