Conver lt into a coop

First night in the new coop. So far they have not realized they’re a roosting bars above their heads. I went back out and checked half an hour after these pictures and they are all cuddled together in the corner. 😝

Attachments

• IMG_1230.jpeg
    IMG_1230.jpeg
    678.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1231.jpeg
    IMG_1231.jpeg
    567 KB · Views: 7
First night in the new coop. So far they have not realized they’re a roosting bars above their heads. I went back out and checked half an hour after these pictures and they are all cuddled together in the corner. 😝
You could pick them up and put them on the roosts or I'm sure they'll find it tomorrow exploring... Good job on the coop. 👍

You could pick them up and put them on the roosts or I'm sure they'll find it tomorrow exploring... Good job on the coop. 👍
If they do not find them tomorrow when it’s time I definitely will try that. Thank you! We still have some finishing touches to do to it but it’s usable. Will post a picture of the whole thing when we are done. I need to get a coop sign ordered 😂

If they do not find them tomorrow when it’s time I definitely will try that. Thank you! We still have some finishing touches to do to it but it’s usable. Will post a picture of the whole thing when we are done. I need to get a coop sign ordered 😂
Looking forward to seeing the pics and post one when you get your coop sign also...,♥️

The finished top. Added motion lights to the side of the run to maybe deter any pesky night critters. I will say we have hounds and do not typically see any critters. Hoping that continues even though we now have chickies. The tarp is not staying that was for something else yesterday. Also some fluffy butts going to bed last night and caught the girls getting on the roosts! Yay 👏 Twenty must have been tired because her head drooped and she had her eyes closed. Dolly and Chickaletta will probably never roost, but that’s why they have that soft turf to cuddle on. It will be easy to pull out and fling the poop off or hose off.

Attachments

• IMG_1238.jpeg
    IMG_1238.jpeg
    895.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1245.jpeg
    IMG_1245.jpeg
    986.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1259.jpeg
    IMG_1259.jpeg
    345.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1268.jpeg
    IMG_1268.jpeg
    553.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1275.jpeg
    IMG_1275.jpeg
    442.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1277.jpeg
    IMG_1277.jpeg
    688.5 KB · Views: 4
I had a silkie in my first 4 chicks. After he turned out to be a cockerel, I had to get rid of him. But, before then, i had build a little roost that was just something like a 10" piece of 2x2 on some 2x2 feet. It took some putting him on in at night for him to get the hang of it, but he did after not too long. So, he wasn't really off the ground much, but it helped to ensure he didn't hunker down under the ladies and get pooped on.

I had a silkie in my first 4 chicks. After he turned out to be a cockerel, I had to get rid of him. But, before then, i had build a little roost that was just something like a 10" piece of 2x2 on some 2x2 feet. It took some putting him on in at night for him to get the hang of it, but he did after not too long. So, he wasn't really off the ground much, but it helped to ensure he didn't hunker down under the ladies and get pooped on.
I might just try to do that. Make her something short. Luckily the roost are not over where she sleeps but I would think she’d naturally like to roost.

Back
Top Bottom