Does this poop look normal?

Sueby

Crossing the Road
5 Years
Apr 23, 2019
CT
Sorry to just blast you with poop pics but I need to either set my mind at ease or fix it! I have 4, supposed to be, 11-12 week olds in quarantine & they just started roosting so I now get to see their poop. I'm thinking it's probably normal, but my big girls poop doesn't look like this.

They act 100% normal, eat, drink & chicken all day. They are on medicated feed (usually made into a mash) & have been at my house for just over 2 weeks. Is it just normal cecal or is it more? I have corrid & can treat for coccidiosis if I need to.

What do you think? (3 different piles under 3 different birds)

IMG_20201110_064342951.jpg IMG_20201110_064348143.jpg IMG_20201110_064353567.jpg

Sorry to just blast you with poop pics but I need to either set my mind at ease or fix it! I have 4, supposed to be, 11-12 week olds in quarantine & they just started roosting so I now get to see their poop. I'm thinking it's probably normal, but my big girls poop doesn't look like this.

They act 100% normal, eat, drink & chicken all day. They are on medicated feed (usually made into a mash) & have been at my house for just over 2 weeks. Is it just normal cecal or is it more? I have corrid & can treat for coccidiosis if I need to.

What do you think? (3 different piles under 3 different birds)

View attachment 2405968View attachment 2405969View attachment 2405970
It looks like Coccidiosis.

Thank you.

So even though they are on medicated feed they can still get it bad enough that I should treat for it? I wasn't sure if that could happen or not (my first time with semi-littles).

I will go mix up some corid now.

Last edited:
It did, way faster than I thought too. I started it yesterday morning, I mixed a mash with it & poured the rest into their waterer. This morning every single poop under the roost looked normal.

Have you started treatment for yours @SarahGfa?

It did, way faster than I thought too. I started it yesterday morning, I mixed a mash with it & poured the rest into their waterer. This morning every single poop under the roost looked normal.

Have you started treatment for yours @SarahGfa?
I'm glad your birds are better! I put corid in their water this morning. Hopefully it will work fast for my birds too.

@MysteryChicken @dawg53 do you all recommend doing the follow up treatment of 1/3 teaspoon Corid for another week or do you think that's the equivalent of the medicated feed they're on?

They've been on Corid for 6 days & they look good, poop is 99% clear & they never acted sick anyway. Not sure if I should do the low dose follow up or if the medicated feed would be the same idea.

Thanks!

@MysteryChicken @dawg53 do you all recommend doing the follow up treatment of 1/3 teaspoon Corid for another week or do you think that's the equivalent of the medicated feed they're on?

They've been on Corid for 6 days & they look good, poop is 99% clear & they never acted sick anyway. Not sure if I should do the low dose follow up or if the medicated feed would be the same idea.

Thanks!
I normally go for one week.

Back
Top Bottom