Duck waterers and feeders?

Ducks need a way to wash their whole faces if they want so usually buckets are best for them or something similar. its very important for their health and they need to have plenty of water when eating.

As for feeders I use goat feeders {TSC} they are long have a top which lets the ducks/poultry stick their head into eat but they can't climb into it. some use large rubber bowls but I can't because my chickens would get into them and scratch all the feed out of it.

Thirding buckets. Some people will use a hole saw to cut a hole in the side, so the ducks can reach their whole heads in to drink but can't splash the water all over and make a huge mess. These also work well because the ducks can't get into them trying to swim and poop in it, which they are likely to do with any kind of waterer that they can get into.

For feeders I make big ones out of five gallon buckets and livestock dishes that work well.

Mine have rubber livestock bowls for food and water. But they don’t have “waterers” just two pools that are just really huge livestock bowls. Maybe they also use the chickens’ nipple ones, but I’ve never seen them do it.

I am using a no waste feeder that is basically a bucket with holes in it and pvc pipe elbows. You can diy it, but I bought one. For water - right now I am using the black rubber livestock bowl. I have a brick in it for dual purpose. The ducks don't sit in the water and if they splash too much out, it keeps the bowl in place. Also, I have this set up too, but need to scrub the water tank.
http://frankiemakes.blogspot.com/2012/06/watering-solution-for-ducks.html

I also have a pool and various other containers for the ducks to drink from in the run. I think with ducks you can never have too much water - especially when it is so hot.

38d8e122_5729954.jpeg

I use this for water. One could add a feed dish as well. This keeps bedding much drier.

Back
Top Bottom