Egg aircell larger than other eggs

TassiBirdPerson

Hatching
Oct 3, 2021
I have 17 eggs in an incubator and all going well. Today I went to check on them and one has a much larger aircell than all the other eggs. They are about a week from hatching so need to figure out how to balance the eggs in a way where they all have correct aircells when they hatch. Is there any way that I can directly help this one egg gain more moisture? The eggs are due to lose most of the moisture coming up to lockdown but I am afraid that this egg will be half air by then if I dont figure something out.

I have 17 eggs in an incubator and all going well. Today I went to check on them and one has a much larger aircell than all the other eggs. They are about a week from hatching so need to figure out how to balance the eggs in a way where they all have correct aircells when they hatch. Is there any way that I can directly help this one egg gain more moisture? The eggs are due to lose most of the moisture coming up to lockdown but I am afraid that this egg will be half air by then if I dont figure something out.
Is the air cell detached?

Have you been rotating the eggs around the incubator? Many incubators have spots that get hotter then others and if the eggs are not rotated around any eggs that sit in the hot spot will develop faster.

I'd guess you have one egg with a porous shell, so faster evaporation.
I'd manage the humidity for the majority of the eggs.

Have you been rotating the eggs around the incubator? Many incubators have spots that get hotter then others and if the eggs are not rotated around any eggs that sit in the hot spot will develop faster.
It’s an automatic roller incubator so I haven’t needed to roll them. I have been shuffling the placement of the eggs every few days too but the egg is currently in a warmer spot which might be causing this?

Back
Top Bottom