Egg SHAKING??

ms.cluckling

Songster
9 Years
Dec 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
one of my chicken eggs is shaking, and its only day 18!! (it started shaking on day 17)
I'm not opening the bator anymore...
does this mean that it'll hatch early?
after it starts shaking, how much longer does it usually take (until it hatches)

it is a white, medium/small chicken egg. I am unsure of the breed...

EEEP!!!
I got it down to 62.
But, it was at 75 for so long (half a day), do you think they drowned?

About the shaking, is it bad that its wiggling so early?

Being a small/medium egg it may be a bantam. Quite a few of my bantams hatch a day early. Just sit on your hands and enjoy the show! Happy hatching
jumpy.gif

ms.cluckling :

EEEP!!!
I got it down to 62.
But, it was at 75 for so long (half a day), do you think they drowned?

About the shaking, is it bad that its wiggling so early?

They'll be fine. During lockdown you should primarily worry about low humidity.​

Can you think of any common (not rare breeds or anything, since I got it from a rancher who doesn't show the chickens or anything--just for eating) Bantams that lay white eggs?

Are bantams generally good birds to have as pets? Arr they more tempermental or more shy than other chickens?

Another one of my eggs is really long. The width is normal, just the length is huge, and I know it's not a double yolker, because I candled it. It is a solid light brown/beige and is named 7. Does anyone have any guesses as to what 7 might be? (I have lots of beige eggs, but none as as big as this fella)

And yet ANOTHER one of my eggs COMPLETELY throws me off... It's dark brown with brown/black speckles all over it. It is medium sized, and is so dark, I couldn't see anything in it until day 14. that's when I was sure it was fertile. I've never heard of a speckled chicken egg before...

I'm so sorry to be bothering all of you, but I am anxious to know! I'm new to this, and I've never raised--or even so much as touched a chicken before (except to eat it
smile.png
)

Thank You!

I will be posting a new topic for this question as well, because I'm not sure if people will see this or answer to it here, as it has nothing to do with the topic it's posted in.

Thanks once again! Happy Hatching!

the long brown one may not hatch, or the chick could be deformed
hmm.png
there are a lot of chickens that the white and speckled eggs could have come from-post pics of the chicken when they hatch, okay? and no, bantams are not more tempermental. as a general rule they are as nice or nicer than standard hens and are usually pretty good layers, too. the roosters can sometimes be a bit meaner, but if they're handled regularly, they won't be. good luck with the hatch!

Back
Top Bottom