Gazebo coop coming along - update pics page 8

lol per ounce he cost me far more than the coop!
My husband says why do you call that chick a "he" and I replied well I paid 100.00 for a dozen eggs and only one hatched (PO took a week to deliver) . . . that makes it a guarantee that it is a rooster!

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm with you on this one. A long soak with a glass of wine
cool.png

I dont think they would make very good soup . . . and they don't really like wine . . . here they are checking out the wood and construction style
wink.png

19992_silkie_babies038.jpg

We start putting it up today, it's a three day weekend so I think we should get most of it done. I am open to all run ideas and suggestions I'll post a pic later of the setting in the yard this is going in.

thanks everyone! This is the setting it will go in. There was a trampoline where the bare patch is, we just finished moving it and that's where the coop will go. The front will face where I was standing to take the pic with small runs off both sides and across the back. That's their old coop to the left behind the bushes. If you can picture it this is what I am planning:
The gazebo is 9'X9', I am going to make the front solid with a person door in the middle and windows on either side. then I think that there will be enough room for two indoor coops that lead out to two outdoor runs of of each of the remaining three sides - maybe only one across the back.
Planning on erecting the gazebo tomorrow and building the inside on Monday . . . I explained to the kids that it is LABOR day. Then the runs next weekend.
Helpful ideas & suggestions PLEASE
smile.png

19992_chicken_corner003.jpg

Back
Top Bottom