Granny's gone and done it again

Theres so many things that are good for you that I cant eat.. Crunchy pea pods being one of them but that doesnt stop me from trying. Robert bought a huge candy bar yesterday only to discover it has hazel nuts all thru it. He gave it to me and I have been nibbling and spitting nuts ! LOL Where theres a will theres a way.

1714864646617.png

I almost lost my Gracie last night. 3:30 in the morning. She had a huge seizure. I sat up in bed because her throat was making noise and I could feel her twigging out. I yelled her name. Then her legs went straight out stiff, a long moan like I've never heard before came from her, then she went limp. I was yelling..Gracie, noo Gracie. I had my hand on her side crying and yelling her name saying noo.. Finally she lifted her head and started taking short fast breaths, not panting, just short and fast breaths. I swear I must have brought her little spirit back with all that yelling. 🤭 The other two dogs were right there watching and sniffing her. Bella would nor go back under the covers where she usually lays right by Gracie after it was over..I tried making her but she wouldn't. They knew something bad had happened. I thought Austin and Bronwyn would be up after all that screaming. Austin had a real full day working so was out of it. He asked me again later, mom, is it time? Well, she was up and eating and drinking this morning. Shivered for a while. Understandable, her nervous system had go e through it. She started something again later this morning but not a full seizure. I'm going to check and see if they can have pain with seizures, but that moan wasn't from pain. Oh man, my little Gracie. If she keeps having them this bad I will have to let her go.

Is a pet seizure painful? Pets have no awareness of pain while seizing because of the enormous amount of electrochemical activity occurring in the brain, and because they're unconscious or semiconscious. Although your pet may whine, meow, or bark during a seizure, this has nothing to do with feeling pain

I almost lost my Gracie last night. 3:30 in the morning. She had a huge seizure. I sat up in bed because her throat was making noise and I could feel her twigging out. I yelled her name. Then her legs went straight out stiff, a long moan like I've never heard before came from her, then she went limp. I was yelling..Gracie, noo Gracie. I had my hand on her side crying and yelling her name saying noo.. Finally she lifted her head and started taking short fast breaths, not panting, just short and fast breaths. I swear I must have brought her little spirit back with all that yelling. 🤭 The other two dogs were right there watching and sniffing her. Bella would nor go back under the covers where she usually lays right by Gracie after it was over..I tried making her but she wouldn't. They knew something bad had happened. I thought Austin and Bronwyn would be up after all that screaming. Austin had a real full day working so was out of it. He asked me again later, mom, is it time? Well, she was up and eating and drinking this morning. Shivered for a while. Understandable, her nervous system had go e through it. She started something again later this morning but not a full seizure. I'm going to check and see if they can have pain with seizures, but that moan wasn't from pain. Oh man, my little Gracie. If she keeps having them this bad I will have to let her go.
I am so sorry

I let my big girl Cornish x Rocks out late this afternoon. I was trying to cheer them up. The last of the boys that hatched with them died sometime this morning. They were just sort of out of it. They didn't seem interested in feed or water. Once out they pecked at the grass some. When it started getting dark they went back inside on their own. I'll make sure to get them some time out tomorrow. They miss their buddy Roscoe. He was a calm and easy going fellow.

Back
Top Bottom