Grapevines on run fence?

Scol86

In the Brooder
Oct 12, 2019
Vermont
Hello!
DH built a beautiful run for the flock, complete with a trellis entrance and a small pond for the ducks. I wanted to grow some vines that are both pretty and edible for the crew. I’m wondering if I could grow grapes and let them vine, or if the ducks would destroy a young vine before it gets established. Are grapes dangerous for them? Maybe I could just grow something like extra pea plants to have them snack on. Has anybody me tried this? Thanks for your guidance and happy Friday!!

Hello!
DH built a beautiful run for the flock, complete with a trellis entrance and a small pond for the ducks. I wanted to grow some vines that are both pretty and edible for the crew. I’m wondering if I could grow grapes and let them vine, or if the ducks would destroy a young vine before it gets established. Are grapes dangerous for them? Maybe I could just grow something like extra pea plants to have them snack on. Has anybody me tried this? Thanks for your guidance and happy Friday!!
Hi everyone!
Thanks for all your advice 😀
I ordered about six vines for the run today, 3 varieties of each (and just in case we lose a couple) when I get them all in this spring I’ll update with pictures. I’m really excited.
Best,
-S

Back
Top Bottom