Help needed, 2nd attempt hatching chicken eggs

ZillurRehman

In the Brooder
Mar 31, 2024
London
When i was kid we use to live in village in Pakistan. At that time our parents use make a small bed under our big bed for chicken/hen to sit on eggs and we use to feed her there and use to examine the whole process till the chicks hatching out… i told this to my little daughter and now we both want to have chicks :)

Unfortunately our first try was not good as in my first thread on this website. Now i want to go for 2nd attempt.

I bought mini incubator and got 6 eggs from a farm online. I put 4 eggs to incubate and only two were fertile. But both didn’t make it.

Now i need help to know if i am doing all the things right? Please suggest if some humidifier checker. Because my incubator has no humidifier indicator.

I also put analog thermometer in there to confirm that this incubator temp is right.

Attachments

• IMG_2743.jpeg
    IMG_2743.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2744.jpeg
    IMG_2744.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 5
Unfortunately, those type of incubators are junk. It also doesn't help that shipped eggs can be hard to hatch since they get shaken.
Which one i should get. Also farm is realllllly far away from our home in East London. So there is no other way i can get eggs. On day 24 the chick was well developed but didn’t make it.

Attachments

• C1962545-A1A6-4B0C-99C5-12F7F552111E.jpeg
    C1962545-A1A6-4B0C-99C5-12F7F552111E.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 6
Which one i should get. Also farm is realllllly far away from our home in East London. So there is no other way i can get eggs. On day 24 the chick was well developed but didn’t make it.
If you are looking for a cheap incubator, I would not pay less than $55, and this incubator is on Amazon.com for $65, but it is still very cheap compared to other incubators. It has given me two hatches, one I got 10 of 15, and the other I got 6 of 12. This time I am going to hatch Japanese quail, and on day 5, I am already seeing veins in the eggs! It has served me well, and I think it would be good for you.

Attachments

• FE46B9AA-1D5C-458F-AF62-36B179B93EB8.png
    FE46B9AA-1D5C-458F-AF62-36B179B93EB8.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
If you are looking for a cheap incubator, I would not pay less than $55, and this incubator is on Amazon.com for $65, but it is still very cheap compared to other incubators. It has given me two hatches, one I got 10 of 15, and the other I got 6 of 12. This time I am going to hatch Japanese quail, and on day 5, I am already seeing veins in the eggs! It has served me well, and I think it would be good for you.
Looks good but can i just put 5-6 eggs in there instead of filling all? Because i don’t want many eggs. The only reason i bought this one because my friend in Pakistan is having so much success with 4 egg incubator.

Looks good but can i just put 5-6 eggs in there instead of filling all? Because i don’t want many eggs. The only reason i bought this one because my friend in Pakistan is having so much success with 4 egg incubator.
Yes, it has a set of plastic dividers that you can add as needed, if you are only doing 6 eggs I would put them in the middle because the corners get cold.

Back
Top Bottom