How much for peafowl eggs

They are very hard to hatch and harder yet to keep alive, this is why you will hear others say to buy chicks or better yet yearlings. If you are wanting the experience of imprinting a pea you should get a hen as cocks are territorial and once they mature they will be friendly in the offseason but have a tendency to flog you trying to drive you from their breeding area. I sell at Spring Creek Peafowl six-packs of DNA tested chicks at about a month old which is an option if you are wanting DNA tested hens. Our chicks are from nine different color mutations and some are Spauldings. You can not pick your colors as we will not know what we will hatch week from week but you can send a list of preferred colors and you will be sure to get some of those.

They are very hard to hatch and harder yet to keep alive, this is why you will hear others say to buy chicks or better yet yearlings. If you are wanting the experience of imprinting a pea you should get a hen as cocks are territorial and once they mature they will be friendly in the offseason but have a tendency to flog you trying to drive you from their breeding area. I sell at Spring Creek Peafowl six-packs of DNA tested chicks at about a month old which is an option if you are wanting DNA tested hens. Our chicks are from nine different color mutations and some are Spauldings. You can not pick your colors as we will not know what we will hatch week from week but you can send a list of preferred colors and you will be sure to get some of those.
Thank you I'll look into that thank you for the info I appreciate it a lot

To answer your question about price, anywhere from five dollars to fifty dollars depending on color and patterns. Be aware that peaeggs do not ship well and a ten percent hatch rate is pretty good but don't expect any to hatch at all.
Oh ok thank you for your info I appreciate it

Oh ok thank you for your info I appreciate it
If you are not already experienced with hatching peafowl eggs and raising chicks I would highly discourage you from buying either. Peafowl eggs are easily "scrambled" by a trip through the mail or even a short car ride. Even with my birds only being a short walk from the pens to my incubator 75% is the best I've gotten for hatch rate. Peachicks are also VERY susceptible to cocci and other diseases.

If you are not already experienced with hatching peafowl eggs and raising chicks I would highly discourage you from buying either. Peafowl eggs are easily "scrambled" by a trip through the mail or even a short car ride. Even with my birds only being a short walk from the pens to my incubator 75% is the best I've gotten for hatch rate. Peachicks are also VERY susceptible to cocci and other diseases.
So it's just best to get the chicks instead of eggs

Back
Top Bottom