Is music detrimental to hatching eggs?

I would say no difference. My eggs are incubated with all sorts of noises. Barking dogs.. TV.. Arguing children.. Us yelling at the dogs :p

I haven't seen a difference between chicks subjected to these sounds, and chicks not subjected to these sounds.

Can't hurt.

I would say music would help acclimate chicks to noises ONCE they've hatched. They'd be less likely to jump out in fear if they heard a bump in the night :)

I have done exhaustive studies on music and chickens - it seems that they will hatch faster of played rock and roll, slower if played country and never get out of there shell with opera.

Sorry, I am kidding. I have a late meeting at work but would rather be home with my 14 day incubated eggs.

What in the world have I become?

I have done exhaustive studies on music and chickens - it seems that they will hatch faster of played rock and roll, slower if played country and never get out of there shell with opera.

Sorry, I am kidding. I have a late meeting at work but would rather be home with my 14 day incubated eggs.

What in the world have I become?
:yuckyuck

I have heard hens lay better when played Bluegrass. Tried it. No change noted other than my ears bleeding when I collected eggs.

Back
Top Bottom