None of the 22 eggs I placed in my Nurture Right 360 incubator hatched!

do you have a calibrated thermometer/hygrometer in the incubator? it may be that the temp is now off and you need to calibrate the incubator so that you can set it at the correct temp and that is what it is (you can look up how to calibrate the NR360 if you don't have the instruction manual). But the readings on the incubator itself aren't always right.

Will do. I do not know if it can be calibrated, but that is a good idea to look into. It has worked satisfactorily in the past. I think it could be better though.

couldve bakes em ..usually a couple will hatch, what ive seen before though is just random breaks where nobody is breeding for several weeks and just a pile of infertile eggs

:lau

I'm laughing with you, not at you. We've all made that kind of mistake.

With humidity what matters is how much total moisture the eggs have lost during the entire time, from when they were laid until hatch. Instantaneous humidity isn't that important until you get to lockdown. What is more important is the average humidity and different averages work for different ones of us. Low or high humidity should not stop them developing until late in incubation. Sounds like yours stopped early.

Yes, it is unusual for none of the eggs to hatch. I'll link a couple of articles that might give you insight into what might have happened.

Trouble Shooting Failures with Egg Incubation | Mississippi State University Extension Service (msstate.edu)

Common Incubation Problems: Causes and Remedies (ucanr.edu)

Opening most of the eggs could give you some good clues as to when they stopped developing if you still have them. For a complete failure like this I'd think maybe a temperature spike that killed the embryos. You've had too much success otherwise.
Thank you!!!!

:lau

I'm laughing with you, not at you. We've all made that kind of mistake.

With humidity what matters is how much total moisture the eggs have lost during the entire time, from when they were laid until hatch. Instantaneous humidity isn't that important until you get to lockdown. What is more important is the average humidity and different averages work for different ones of us. Low or high humidity should not stop them developing until late in incubation. Sounds like yours stopped early.

Yes, it is unusual for none of the eggs to hatch. I'll link a couple of articles that might give you insight into what might have happened.

Trouble Shooting Failures with Egg Incubation | Mississippi State University Extension Service (msstate.edu)

Common Incubation Problems: Causes and Remedies (ucanr.edu)

Opening most of the eggs could give you some good clues as to when they stopped developing if you still have them. For a complete failure like this I'd think maybe a temperature spike that killed the embryos. You've had too much success otherwise.
Thank you!!!

Will do. I do not know if it can be calibrated, but that is a good idea to look into. It has worked satisfactorily in the past. I think it could be better though.
yes the 360 can be calibrated. I had to do mine but don't remember how but know you can look it up and find the directions on how to do it. :)

Even calibrated I still have a 2ndary calibrated thermometer/hygrometer in there. Where the 360 spins there are hot and cold spots. The main thing is you want the average temp to be 99.5F since each egg will have time in the hot spots and cold spots which is fine as long as not too hot that it cooks them. But I have found if my average temps are around 99.5 then all works out

Even calibrated I still have a 2ndary calibrated thermometer/hygrometer in there. Where the 360 spins there are hot and cold spots. The main thing is you want the average temp to be 99.5F since each egg will have time in the hot spots and cold spots which is fine as long as not too hot that it cooks them. But I have found if my average temps are around 99.5 then all works out
Thanks. I do not have a problem with temperature fluctuations, but only with the humidity. I think that the early drop to 26 degrees one night stopped the developement of all but possibly 4 eggs. There was nothing when I candeled them at about 10 days or so.

The four that seemed possible to hatch did ndot, but I did not think they would. I was going to crack the eggs before thowing away, but was not up to it.

I will keep trying. I would like to replenish my flock of Salmon Faverolles. But it may be a good idea to buy some from a different hatchery for different genes.

Back
Top Bottom