Official BYC Poll: How Often Do You Clean Your Coop?

How often do you clean your coop?

• Every day

Votes: 290 15.6%
  • Twice or more per week

Votes: 134 7.2%
  • Once per week

Votes: 394 21.2%
  • Once per month

Votes: 229 12.3%
  • Twice per year

Votes: 239 12.8%
  • Once per year

Votes: 77 4.1%
  • Whenever it needs it

Votes: 471 25.3%
  • Never

Votes: 28 1.5%

• Total voters
Pics
I clean it 2x - 3x each year. I use the deep litter method. It doesn't take me long to clean it either. I simply open the door and rake it into a wheel barrow.

I clean the coop & the run everyday without fail. We live in Florida so heat & poop make for a horrendous smell. Total area, including coop, is only 26'x7' so it isn't difficult to keep clean. We also only have 5 hens so it's pretty easy to keep up with. I'm actually a retired zoo keeper so it's ingrained in my brain to clean daily. I feel like the girls appreciate it. 🥰

I clean the coop & the run everyday without fail. We live in Florida so heat & poop make for a horrendous smell. Total area, including coop, is only 26'x7' so it isn't difficult to keep clean. We also only have 5 hens so it's pretty easy to keep up with. I'm actually a retired zoo keeper so it's ingrained in my brain to clean daily. I feel like the girls appreciate it. 🥰
I hear ya, having horse stalls to clean each day has trained me to clean the hen house daily also. Take me about 5 min, and I know they all appreciate a clean place to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom