Sapphire Gem - Leg color

MissMarple

Songster
Aug 3, 2019
Arkansas
I can't find a thread anywhere that answers my question or any help from Google and everything on Google brings me back here. I don't want to hijack anyone else's thread for a completely different question/discussion so here I am.

For those of you with Sapphire Gems, what colors are your bird's legs? I've got two SG's from TSC and one has 100% willow colored legs and feet while the other has darker shanks with yellow feet. After scouring the internet, trying to figure out if this was normal since the "breed" is a mix, I came up empty. I also can't find anything telling me what the heck this "breed" is made from. Everything just says that they're close to Old Andalusians. Does anyone have secret chicken knowledge to know what they were created with? Are they a mix of a Blue Plymouth Rock and something?

Mostly, I just wonder about the legs as a curiosity! Pictures are encouraged just for the sake of all of us staring at beautiful chickens. Here are my girls with their friends. These 6 move as one unit. Not really digging the flock integration thing at all. Everyone will get there eventually.
IMG_1360.PNG IMG_1359.PNG IMG_1345.jpg IMG_1342.jpg IMG_1341.jpg

I can't find a thread anywhere that answers my question or any help from Google and everything on Google brings me back here. I don't want to hijack anyone else's thread for a completely different question/discussion so here I am.

For those of you with Sapphire Gems, what colors are your bird's legs? I've got two SG's from TSC and one has 100% willow colored legs and feet while the other has darker shanks with yellow feet. After scouring the internet, trying to figure out if this was normal since the "breed" is a mix, I came up empty. I also can't find anything telling me what the heck this "breed" is made from. Everything just says that they're close to Old Andalusians. Does anyone have secret chicken knowledge to know what they were created with? Are they a mix of a Blue Plymouth Rock and something?

Mostly, I just wonder about the legs as a curiosity! Pictures are encouraged just for the sake of all of us staring at beautiful chickens. Here are my girls with their friends. These 6 move as one unit. Not really digging the flock integration thing at all. Everyone will get there eventually.
View attachment 1928757 View attachment 1928758 View attachment 1928759 View attachment 1928760 View attachment 1928761

No idea about what Sapphire Gems are blended with, but here are a couple articles:

http://www.edelras.nl/chickengenetics/mutations2.html#gen_mut_leg

https://articles.extension.org/page...or-small-and-backyard-flocks:-an-introduction

Back
Top Bottom