Welsummer Contest RESULTS

HorseFeathers

Frazzled
11 Years
Apr 2, 2008
Southern Maine
Sorry for the delay, one of my judges did not get back to me.

CHICKS-
3rd place: Lady Windsor, owned by wishiwasjane
35318_ladywday1.jpg

2nd place: ChickenSmitten's sleepy chick
15867_sleepy_chick.jpg

1st place: Ewesheep's chick
DSCF0018.jpg

HENS-
3rd place: TammyTX's wet Wilma
23095_welsummer_pullet_wilma1_27_weeks.jpg

2nd place: Moonmedic's bird
028.jpg

1st place: Spring, owned by Ewesheep (Ewesheep, you're on a roll!)
DSCF0067.jpg

ROOS-
3rd place: TammyTX's Larry
23095_larry_27_weeks.jpg

2nd place: Lenster's Y1
31287_y1_b.jpg

1st place: Tailfeathers with Elvis II
2lt4un7.jpg

Aaand presenting...
Best of show...

Martha the "busy-body" hen, owned by Tailfeathers!
xe33p1.jpg

Tailfeathers, please PM me about your prize.

Congrats Royce!
clap.gif

I think the judges did a good job, though I'm wondering how they knew Martha is as nice as she is from that picture. I've been on the waiting list for eggs from her for a couple of months now.
droolin.gif

Congratulations Tailfeathers!

Good job everyone! And thanks to the judges for their efforts and a BIG thank you to the OP to tell us to sit tight while the judging is still going on.

celebrate.gif
clap.gif
woot.gif

Thanks for the kind words. I am truly honored that the judges saw my Martha as worthy of winning amongst so many fine looking birds.

Lensters, I haven't forgotten about you. We'll get you some right after the first of the year as I promised.

Congratulations to all the other winners and a special thanks to all those who took the time to show us your birds.

Horsefeathers, thanks for popping in to tell us all to sit tight. I must confess to all that I obviously piped in prematurely and let my experiences with too many others that never followed through on their commitments to cloud my judgment and gave myself over to impatience and wrong thinking.

Again, congrats to all the others. Robin, you have very nice looking birds. So do you all. The real credit for this win goes to God who created such a beautiful bird and actually got her to sit in one place long enough for me to simply take the picture.

God Bless,

Last edited:
Quote:
I don't think there was anything premature about our questioning what was going on. The other winner of one these contests still hasn't received the sketch that they were supposed to get. That contest took over 2 months to get judged and ours was at almost 2 weeks. It's not like we didn't have reason to question what was going on.

Lensters- there were several photos, I just liked this one the best so used it.
smile.png

McSpin- one of my judges hadn't gotten back to me, and since they're a newer member I was giving them a chance. Chickndaddy has been informed that his ChickenSketch is being shipped this week.

Anyway, that was my last contest. I'm not doing them anymore. If anyone would like me to donate a Sketch for their contest, PM me, but I won't be checking back here anymore.

Back
Top Bottom