What did you do in the garden today?

What do you hope to get with your plums? What did you graft them to?
That’s very exciting! You’ve always got something going on!
Me? I’ve been grafting the mud puddles to the rock piles lol. Looks good Dan.
I hope to get plums. :lol: I grafted them to a native plum that came up in our yard, been there about 6 years, big and beautiful but plums the size of a dime. I may try grafting peaches on it next year, I’ve read American plums are good for that too. :confused:

My understanding about grafting is such.
The branch that takes grafting will produce the fruit it came from. It will not change the rest of the trees fruit to its type.
It is possible to graft lets say 3 different branches onto an apple stock sapling. When tree matures to produce fruit, the fruit on each major branch associated with original grafting will be those.
I'm not sure, but think that plums and peaches and apricot may be in the same family. Therefore the grafts may take.
Have never heard of cherries, apples, plums, and pears all together growing on same rootstock.:caf

D0BD02AE-899E-49A8-B02E-4C7F9A8AF003.jpeg
Today I cleaned out & wired one of my flower beds in the yard. We’re supposed to get rain if I’m Lucky I’ll get in my seeds in first thing tomorrow morning. Got Too windy to finish today.
Took a cool picture of my chickens looking into a hole. Finished it it’s now ready for the transplant.

My understanding about grafting is such.
The branch that takes grafting will produce the fruit it came from. It will not change the rest of the trees fruit to its type.
It is possible to graft lets say 3 different branches onto an apple stock sapling. When tree matures to produce fruit, the fruit on each major branch associated with original grafting will be those.
I'm not sure, but think that plums and peaches and apricot may be in the same family. Therefore the grafts may take.
Have never heard of cherries, apples, plums, and pears all together growing on same rootstock.:caf
Peaches, apricots, plums, cherries, almonds (yup, the nut) are all in the same family and can be grafted carefully.

View attachment 1688003 Today I cleaned out & wired one of my flower beds in the yard. We’re supposed to get rain if I’m Lucky I’ll get in my seeds in first thing tomorrow morning. Got Too windy to finish today.
Took a cool picture of my chickens looking into a hole. Finished it it’s now ready for the transplant.
Job inspectors. Worm conveyance monitors.

Back
Top Bottom