What did you do in the garden today?

I help tend a garden for an older lady at my church, and today I amassed a shirt-full of 20 peaches. I have no idea what to do with them besides eat them plain. Any suggestions? :th

View attachment 1853976

Peach cobbler ? hey afternoon all yes slept in cooler cloud cover came in so slept
this is cobbler recipe takes 8 peaches
Peach Cobbler

Ingredients

8 fresh peaches - peeled, pitted and sliced into thin wedges
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
1/4 cup boiling water

MIX TOGETHER:
3 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, combine peaches, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Toss to coat evenly, and pour into a 2 quart baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Blend in butter with your fingertips, or a pastry blender, until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in water until just combined.
4. Remove peaches from oven, and drop spoonfuls of topping over them. Sprinkle entire cobbler with the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Bake until topping is golden, about 30 minutes.

Peach cobbler ? hey afternoon all yes slept in cooler cloud cover came in so slept
this is cobbler recipe takes 8 peaches
Peach Cobbler

Ingredients

8 fresh peaches - peeled, pitted and sliced into thin wedges
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
1/4 cup boiling water

MIX TOGETHER:
3 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, combine peaches, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Toss to coat evenly, and pour into a 2 quart baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Blend in butter with your fingertips, or a pastry blender, until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in water until just combined.
4. Remove peaches from oven, and drop spoonfuls of topping over them. Sprinkle entire cobbler with the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Bake until topping is golden, about 30 minutes.
Sounds yummy.

Actually yummy with any fruit but had she crazy white dog did it again got in there BF thinks she bent the wire at a corner :idunnothere are no birds harmed but two missing as it is the lakenvelder I am not surprised.
Have never met a more flighty bird but not outside the fencing or in the garden undecided how to approach the dog at this point Richard brought her in after I closed the pop door when I saw her go in there most the older girls are under that walnut trees two cuckoo marans on a branch of the walnut trees all of the sex links and new marans plus the EE cockerel I am raising where in the small yard in the corner I am so mad at myself just now

Actually yummy with any fruit but had she crazy white dog did it again got in there BF thinks she bent the wire at a corner :idunnothere are no birds harmed but two missing as it is the lakenvelder I am not surprised.
Have never met a more flighty bird but not outside the fencing or in the garden undecided how to approach the dog at this point Richard brought her in after I closed the pop door when I saw her go in there most the older girls are under that walnut trees two cuckoo marans on a branch of the walnut trees all of the sex links and new marans plus the EE cockerel I am raising where in the small yard in the corner I am so mad at myself just now
Crazy stuff. I have a hen that tries to mount other hens. I’m considering freezer camp for her.

I was away for the weekend helping look after this little cherub (see avatar), my granddaughter Frankie, who was sick and miserable. Despite instructions, DH didn't pick any zucchini or cucumbers, so it's time to learn to dehydrate! 3 large zukes dehydrated only fill the bottom 3 inches of a quart jar! I have no idea how we will like them, but I know we can't eat more than a couple at a time. Not to mention the cucumbers . . .

I'm also shredding some zucchini (with today's harvest), and dehydrating along with the cilantro, which is growing out of control. I know how to use the shredded - sneak it into spaghetti sauce, along with frozen chopped spinach or kale. :oops:

DB407899-2F9E-41F7-AA95-BF821CA14348.jpeg
This morning it was cloudy and overcast with a breeze...beautiful working weather. I decided to remove the pallets where my fire wood was and my Rat ... still is.
She/he would move from pallet to pallet hiding until I removed the last one. It ran out of the yard. I have new traps. The chickens love digging there.
I had to shovel pounds of yucky pellets. The last pallet reeked of urine (gag).
BAAC5054-15CD-4C37-80DD-A0C676CBD50B.jpeg

Then the sun came out and it was 95* in the shade by 10:00. Miss Chia snoozing.
You know she loves her mud.
So ... I was standing basically in the middle of the yard when a Red Tail flew over the fence like she was riding a wave on a surfboard, smashed into the poplar tree and made off with a dove. Incredible!
I’m so thankful I trimmed the elm tree. It makes such a big difference visually. I was able to scream, two of my birds went between my feet.
Two massive flaps of her wings & she’s gone. :eek:
It started to rain late afternoon and we got a good pounding. I just now remembered to let the toads I caught loose. I really have a soft spot for toads. The rain drove them out I picked up the big beautiful ones so the girls wouldn’t kill them.

657BB4EF-93AB-4C5F-BC92-CBB5D6BF1FAD.jpeg

Tonight’s Desert~
A slice of pound cake.
A scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
Strawberries on top.
And Whipped Cream!
Oh yeah ima’ eating all of this!
Have a great day tomorrow.
Happy Gardening :frow

I was away for the weekend helping look after this little cherub (see avatar), my granddaughter Frankie, who was sick and miserable. Despite instructions, DH didn't pick any zucchini or cucumbers, so it's time to learn to dehydrate! 3 large zukes dehydrated only fill the bottom 3 inches of a quart jar! I have no idea how we will like them, but I know we can't eat more than a couple at a time. Not to mention the cucumbers . . .

I'm also shredding some zucchini (with today's harvest), and dehydrating along with the cilantro, which is growing out of control. I know how to use the shredded - sneak it into spaghetti sauce, along with frozen chopped spinach or kale. :oops:
Oh how precious. :love

Back
Top Bottom