What did you do in the garden today?

Rosemary you almost have to neglect. I almost killed mine with too much love.
Maybe that's why mine does so well. It's a shrubbery a good 3 feet across each way. I whack it back every now and then so it's not encroaching on the garden path too much.

Sage, on the other hand, I'm really good at killing sage. And lavender. The lavender is not much of a surprise, I suspect we're just really too hot and humid for it. But sage? Really? I guess it doesn't like the humidity either.

Maybe that's why mine does so well. It's a shrubbery a good 3 feet across each way. I whack it back every now and then so it's not encroaching on the garden path too much.

Sage, on the other hand, I'm really good at killing sage. And lavender. The lavender is not much of a surprise, I suspect we're just really too hot and humid for it. But sage? Really? I guess it doesn't like the humidity either.
I used to kill lavender but I seem to have found one that I can keep. My Spanish lavender is on its second year now, yay! I put it with the rosemary and they seem compatible. I need to trim the rosemary this year or it’s going to bust out of the garden, approximately the same size as yours.
I’ve only grown ornamental sage, Texas sage I think which you also seem to have to almost ignore, Others I’ve killed lol.

It got bright and sunny, so I went up to the green house. SURPRISE! The spinach babies are ok! I made some mini green houses for them with plastic lids and bowls. But even the ones that didn't have that are fine.

Attachments

• IMG_0710.JPG
    IMG_0710.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0712.JPG
    IMG_0712.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Polar vortex making my joints ache too. I'm not even 30 yet! Why bodies gotta fall apart so fast!?

Getting ready to start 12 week plants but I have a wee problem. my celery is backordered and I forgot to order green onions so I have to go buy some (I have to go out for other things anyhow so it's not a big risk). So I don't have much to start and when only starting like 5 plants it's hard to be motivated.

I did clean my garage for the new rabbit hutch I'm building though.

Polar vortex making my joints ache too. I'm not even 30 yet! Why bodies gotta fall apart so fast!?

Getting ready to start 12 week plants but I have a wee problem. my celery is backordered and I forgot to order green onions so I have to go buy some (I have to go out for other things anyhow so it's not a big risk). So I don't have much to start and when only starting like 5 plants it's hard to be motivated.

I did clean my garage for the new rabbit hutch I'm building though.
Can you elaborate on "12 week plants"? Is that they take 12 weeks until harvest? It seems early still for Cleveland. Being in zone 5 myself, I haven't started anything but native flower seeds. Am I missing an opportunity to start more things already?

Can you elaborate on "12 week plants"? Is that they take 12 weeks until harvest? It seems early still for Cleveland. Being in zone 5 myself, I haven't started anything but native flower seeds. Am I missing an opportunity to start more things already?

12 weeks before transplanting into the garden. Some plants like onions, leeks, celery, some herbs, grow real slow and can be started as early as 12 weeks before their planting date.

Back
Top Bottom