What did you do in the garden today?

My sweet potato slips should have arrived last Thursday. They didn't. UPS said there was an "exception," that my address was wrong. It wasn't.

Friday, The UPS truck was in view so, I met it at the end of my driveway. Driver looked, but couldn't find my package. "It was supposed to be here yesterday. It's live plants." "So sorry, lady, I don't have it." (Said with a poop eating grin.) I was home the entire day.

Another email said there was another "exception:" "Delivery attempted at 5:40 Friday pm." Oh, no, there most certainly was not. I'm at the end of a dead end road. Nobody came to my house after the drive who said, "So sorry, lady, I don't have it." (With poop eating grin.) I'm wondering (betting actually) that he found the package and reported that he "attempted delivery."

Next and last (3rd, according to UPS) try will be "next business day," ie, Monday, tomorrow. My plants will have been on a (hot) truck for 5 days.

I am SOOOOOOOOOO mad at UPS. If I get a bunch of dead sweet potato slips, this is entirely on them. If they are returned to sender, I will be emailing the place I bought them from (who is not the supplier, but she should still know what is going on) and tell her what happened.

Rant over. Thanks for listening.

That's messed up! I'm sorry! I usually have sweet potato slips to offer but I didn't plant any yummy ones this year because we're still trying to pull all of the yucky variety sweet potatoes that grow like weeds, lol!

We mostly have good mailing service where I live but our entire neighborhood has issues with FedEx. It's like an Easter egg hunt trying to figure out which house our packages are delivered to. They almost never go to the right house and I have really considered that they do it on purpose. Fortunately USPS and UPS is good where we live BUT of course the USPS that I have a post office box at isn't so great...I didn't go to the post office that delivers to our house because it's actually further away and I drive by the other one when running errands...but I'm having regrets, lol.

In better news, the garden seems to be growing pretty well. We had cilantro on our tacos at dinner. I'm waiting until the cilantro that is bolting is done flowering (leaving the flowers for the bees), and then I'll pull it out. It has reseeded itself all over the asparagus patch. I planted some in the planter by the door, along with some other herbs.

The potato plants look fine. I'm impressed, because they looked terrible after the late frost on May 26th.

We picked ~35 pounds of cherries from a friend's cherry tree.

Attachments

• 20230604_203428.jpg
    20230604_203428.jpg
    337.4 KB · Views: 3
I told DH that anything we order will be shipped to where he (sometimes) works, or have to come postal. The mail carrier can find our mailbox. And our house.

I am done with UPS. And FedEx. I want to find a website where I can give a ZERO star review.
Your best bet would be to find the number for your local ups distribution. It might take a call to the 1800# and demanding to speak with your routes supervisor/distributerto locate your Perishable package. But it can be done. And if you can snag their local number, tell them you have phone issues need a direct contact # if cut off. That sometimes work.
Then you HAVE Their Number! They never change them. Spread it around. I had my local ups distribution centers number right by the office phone along with FedEx.

1685929190388.png

Migration time again. This isn't our giant one, the one bigger than the snow shovel. This one is only 11/12 inches across. Sad thing is, she's left her pond 500 yards south of us and is headed for her laying spot pong which is another 1/4 miles north of me. It dried out months ago. I'm not sure what happens then. Maybe she can figure out to keep going and make it to the creek.

Back
Top Bottom