What did you do in the garden today?

68A4A6C1-C185-4525-A61D-C339B8E64FC4.jpeg

Dill pickles spears!
I LOVE pickles.

If we are allowed to share legal cannabis I can post my two plants?
You know, I wouldn't have a problem with it, even though I haven't partaken in the herb for quite a while. But it might make some people uncomfortable in this thread. Why not start a new thread in the gardening area, and if the moderators object, they'll let you know. I guess it depends on the forum policies.

Is anyone here familiar with digging and replanting crocosmia corms? I have a huge clump of it, and want to dig out half of it to replant somewhere. I think it's supposed to be done in the fall or early spring, and you use the largest corms (whatever those are) to plant. I guess the smaller corms don't grow as vigorously.
Very nice group of Crocosmia! I have these.
Corms are similar to small bulbs.
I find these will reseed some but not to the point of being invasive.

You can literally push a shovel down into the plant, dig around the outer edge and lift out a group of corms as a clump. You may damage some corms but there are tons in there.

Or you can pull out individual corms throughout the clump to thin it out some.

Sometimes I find it easier to replant the corms by trimming back the foliage to about 6 inches.

You can pull the large or small corms. The larger ones will bloom sooner. The smaller ones will bloom in time so I usually move some of each to start a new group.

Very nice group of Crocosmia! I have these.
Corms are similar to small bulbs.
I find these will reseed some but not to the point of being invasive.

You can literally push a shovel down into the plant, dig around the outer edge and lift out a group of corms as a clump. You may damage some corms but there are tons in there.

Or you can pull out individual corms throughout the clump to thin it out some.

Sometimes I find it easier to replant the corms by trimming back the foliage to about 6 inches.

You can pull the large or small corms. The larger ones will bloom sooner. The smaller ones will bloom in time so I usually move some of each to start a new group.
Thank you very much @NanaK ! Is the best time in early spring, before the plants start their growth?

My garden is in transition. Trying to get ready for fall with it still hot is always a challenge.
My Black Krims are through and pulled. I am surprised by the Big Beef plants. They have started making tomatoes again at the top! We'll see what happens.
View attachment 3615410
I have black Krims ripening. Are they good tasting?

Back
Top Bottom