What gender are they???

jenww

In the Brooder
Mar 10, 2024
IMG_7250.jpeg

What gender are the little brown and yellow ones? Iv had them for 2 months now however it feels like they haven’t gotten any bigger. The white one iv had for three months but she’s like five times bigger than them.
IMG_7249.jpeg
IMG_7248.jpeg

The brown one looks like it may be a pullet, but I cannot tell 100%.
The yellow one is probably a cockerel based on the slower feathering.
I am no professional, but those are my guesses.

Here are some examples of 2 month old chicks.

I am thinking the chicks that you have must habe some bad growth genetics. Did you buy them or hatch them from your own chickens?

Attachments

• 20240429_100154.jpg
    20240429_100154.jpg
    807 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240429_100108.jpg
    20240429_100108.jpg
    771.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240429_100612.jpg
    20240429_100612.jpg
    893.2 KB · Views: 0
The brown one looks like it may be a pullet, but I cannot tell 100%.
The yellow one is probably a cockerel based on the slower feathering.
I am no professional, but those are my guesses.

Here are some examples of 2 month old chicks.

I am thinking the chicks that you have must habe some bad growth genetics. Did you buy them or hatch them from your own chickens?
Yea I hatched them. See the white ish one looked just like yours when she was around the same age. They were all hatched from the eggs of the same batch of other chickens I had so I’m not sure why they’re growing so slow.

Can you check when you got the smaller birds? They look a week old. If they actually are 2 months old, what are you feeding them abd where did you get them?
I hatched them around the very end of February so yes they are 2 months old and they eat a lot so much to the point that their corps get very big so I’m not sure what’s the problem.

I hatched them around the very end of February so yes they are 2 months old and they eat a lot so much to the point that their corps get very big so I’m not sure what’s the problem.
And what are they eating?
It could be failure to thrive, a nutrition absorbing issue. They likely won't make it to adult hood, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom