What is this little girl.

Kentucky Fan

Chirping
Dec 1, 2023
East Kentucky
IMG_2328.jpeg

Got my new crew introduced to free ranging and noticed this little girl is completely different from anyone else. My purchase was four barred rocks and four black copper marans so whatever she is came from one of those bins at rural king.

Generally I don’t care what breed is what as long as they lay eggs but this year I’m starting a new idea of mine to give a few of these guys away once they get full grown to a elderly person or someone that works to much to be able to have time or ability to brood day old chicks so I’d like to know what I’m giving away lol.

Oh man my Pepper would rather free range all day than be in her run. First one at the gate squawking to get out every morning! Loves flipping rocks and leaves around looking for bugs.

Yes, my Sappire is an amazing free ranger.
Always looking for her own food. She would be just fine if I didn't feed her. Lol!

Awesome I let my birds out before I go to work every day which is before the sun comes up and they are always waiting on me. The turkey is kind of lazy but the chickens are ready to go.

She could also be a bluebell
(British hybrid that is often labelled sapphire gem or mixed breed? In usa). If she starts to look unusually plump for a sapphire gem and starts laying dark eggs she is a bluebell which has the same exact colour as sapphire gem except slightly better layers of darker eggs and more dual purpose than just eggs

She could also be a bluebell
(British hybrid that is often labelled sapphire gem or mixed breed? In usa). If she starts to look unusually plump for a sapphire gem and starts laying dark eggs she is a bluebell which has the same exact colour as sapphire gem except slightly better layers of darker eggs and more dual purpose than just eggs
Good free range birds. Can be flighty. Always alert and cocks are forever on the lookout for hawks and dogs

Back
Top Bottom