What to use in chick letterbox?

8ponygirl9

Chirping
Jan 23, 2018
Hi guys! I've recently added a silkie chick to my family and I'm wanting to begin potty training she's 4 weeks old now and I'm not quite sure what to use in the letterbox any suggestions? Anything to eliminate the odor would be great too! She's an indoor silkie and would like to keep her inside unless her smell gets to over whelming. Just to be clear she gets outside time during the day but comes in early in the evening! :)

Attachments

• 66DCDFDA-ED1E-4E45-AAA4-E121E9205C26.jpeg
    66DCDFDA-ED1E-4E45-AAA4-E121E9205C26.jpeg
    233.1 KB · Views: 8
How cute!
I've always wanted a house chicken- it's cool that you're actually doing it. I'd recommend looking up house chicken threads on here for more info, but to your question I'd say either wood shavings or non-toxic cat litter. Wood shavings should be fine, just replace them all when the get too dirty, but if you're looking for an odor killer that you can scoop out, just go with cat litter. She might try to eat it, though, so be on the watch for that. Hopefully you'll get some expert suggestions from other users. Good luck!

How cute!
I've always wanted a house chicken- it's cool that you're actually doing it. I'd recommend looking up house chicken threads on here for more info, but to your question I'd say either wood shavings or non-toxic cat litter. Wood shavings should be fine, just replace them all when the get too dirty, but if you're looking for an odor killer that you can scoop out, just go with cat litter. She might try to eat it, though, so be on the watch for that. Hopefully you'll get some expert suggestions from other users. Good luck!
Ok thank you for your reply that's what I was afraid of with the cat litter. I use shavings in her pen I figured using that in both her litter box and her pen would confuse her? I've also read that sand would be ideal to use?

Just to clarify, you are wanting something to put in a litter box for your chicken-right?
Try Sweet Pdz, that would be better than sand, you can still scoop poop with a kitty litter scoop. A lot of us use this on our droppings/poop boards, works very well.

sweet_pdz_horse_stall_refresher_l02-8004_c.jpg
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom