Whiting True Blue Dispelling Laying Myths

Jan 16, 2020
Largo, Florida
Hi Backyard and Estate chicken Farmers:
I would like to straighten out the myth that Whiting True Blues promptly start laying at 5 months or 20 weeks! They don't. Whiting True Blues lay at 6 months or 24 weeks. Since there is limited info out there I hope this helps new Whiting True Blue farmers. Also, remember between weeks 20-24 feed them twice a day. It's the tipping point for them to start to lay.

I would like to straighten out the myth that Whiting True Blues promptly start laying at 5 months or 20 weeks! They don't. Whiting True Blues lay at 6 months or 24 weeks. Since there is limited info out there I hope this helps new Whiting True Blue farmers. Also, remember between weeks 20-24 feed them twice a day. It's the tipping point for them to start to lay.
They should always have feed and water available every hour they are awake, no matter what the age.
Onset of lay for most breeds is 18-28 weeks, all birds may vary due to time of year and diet.

I Backyardchickengirl I have a couple questions, I have a 8 mouth old withing ture blue girl and she is not laying what do I do she not being picked at or molting we move her in to the big coop at 1 week old and there are no big birds in the coop we do have tho 4 8 mouth old buff orpitons and a welsummer and a male light bramma we got thum all at the same time at Murry mcmurray hatchery she looks very healthy I don't know what's going on with her

Back
Top Bottom