Who is the Mother of This Pullet?

GlicksChicks

Songster
Apr 11, 2024
Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas
Hello, I have a 9 week old pullet that I can't identify the mother of.

A while back I was told that all of my black chicks had Black Copper Marans as mothers but she has markings that makes me think her mother may be a Silver Laced Wyandotte.

I know the breed of the rooster, he is a Buckeye.

The hens I have are: Silver Laced Wyandotte, Black Copper Maran, Speckled Sussex (Unlikely), and Buckeye (Definitely not)

So, the pullet is: Buckeye/[Insert Hen Here]
20240517_154152.jpg

20240517_154523.jpg
20240506_092815.jpg

Hard to tell what it is since the comb is so small. Probably pea. What shade of brown egg did she hatch from?
I do not know which shade the egg was, she hatched while I was not watching as well as multiple other chicks with her.

Her comb resembles my buckeye hen's comb (her mother is most definitely not a buckeye though, she just got that comb instead of a mix or the comb of her mother.)

I do not know which shade the egg was, she hatched while I was not watching as well as multiple other chicks with her.

Her comb resembles my buckeye hen's comb (her mother is most definitely not a buckeye though, she just got that comb instead of a mix or the comb of her mother.)
I believe pea x rose always makes a walnut comb, which means it is likely from a single-combed hen.

Hello, I have a 9 week old pullet that I can't identify the mother of.

A while back I was told that all of my black chicks had Black Copper Marans as mothers but she has markings that makes me think her mother may be a Silver Laced Wyandotte.

I know the breed of the rooster, he is a Buckeye.

The hens I have are: Silver Laced Wyandotte, Black Copper Maran, Speckled Sussex (Unlikely), and Buckeye (Definitely not)

So, the pullet is: Buckeye/[Insert Hen Here]
View attachment 3835404
View attachment 3835406View attachment 3835408
Gorgeous!!! Sorry I don't have an answer though.

Back
Top Bottom