Open Contest Wildlife Photo Contest

Entry 3
I’m not sure what type of turtle this is… I forgot my breeds of turtle. I used to know most of them by heart but it’s been a while since I’ve seen one, so I am a little rusty at identifying it. S/he had just come out of my pond. I know that because it had algae on its back still. View attachment 3821204
Looks like some sort of box turtle maybe?

Entry 1
A young Wren
ANMP0997 copy.jpg

Entry 3
I’m not sure what type of turtle this is… I forgot my breeds of turtle. I used to know most of them by heart but it’s been a while since I’ve seen one, so I am a little rusty at identifying it. S/he had just come out of my pond. I know that because it had algae on its back still. View attachment 3821204
Yellow Bellied Slider.

Hallo Poultry Peeps :frow
I am loving the awesome collection of wonderful photographs.

I would like to clarify something about this particular photo contest (and please forgive me if this question has been asked already) with regards to:
An entry is one photo of a wild bird(s), insect(s), reptile(s), mammal(s), amphibian(s), etc.
I am assuming that we can use our four entries to concentrate on one or two categories? For instance four entries with one photograph each of a butterfly; or two entries with a photo each of butterflies and two with frogs.

My question is...
Can one person win in two categories?
For example one in the insect category and one in the mammal category. Or can one person only win once in this competition?

Hallo Poultry Peeps :frow
I am loving the awesome collection of wonderful photographs.

I would like to clarify something about this particular photo contest (and please forgive me if this question has been asked already) with regards to:

I am assuming that we can use our four entries to concentrate on one or two categories? For instance four entries with one photograph each of a butterfly; or two entries with a photo each of butterflies and two with frogs.
You may enter up to 4 total. What you choose to enter is entirely up to you. Just ONE photo per entry please.

My question is...
Can one person win in two categories?
For example one in the insect category and one in the mammal category. Or can one person only win once in this competition?
No. If a contestant has multiple "winners", their highest-scoring entry is used and then we skip their other entries. There have been times in the past where one or 2 folks swept a contest, so this rule was adopted to ensure more individual winners.

No. If a contestant has multiple "winners", their highest-scoring entry is used and then we skip their other entries. There have been times in the past where one or 2 folks swept a contest, so this rule was adopted to ensure more individual winners.
Ah yes, that is understandable.
Thank you for answering.
I might just concentrate on one category then; although I have already entered a mammal...
Hmmmmmm? I do like bugs.
🐞😂

Last edited:
Ah yes, that is understandable.
Thank you for answering.
I might just concentrate on one category then; although I have already entered a mammal...
Hmmmmmm? I do like bugs.
🐞😂
you can always change your enteries.

Back
Top Bottom