will the male geese kill his babys if they stay togater

I just started with geese about 2 weeks ago,so im no expert.But,as far as I know,both parents take part in care,so I do not think the father will "Intententionly" kill what is his.

why i ask is because my male duck ate his baby has they were hatching my female had the last egg in her mouth so i took it, now my goose keeps laying her eggs in the duck coop how can i get her to lay some were else or what should i do

why i ask is because my male duck ate his baby has they were hatching my female had the last egg in her mouth so i took it, now my goose keeps laying her eggs in the duck coop how can i get her to lay some were else or what should i do
Ducks and geese are entirely different drake have been known to kill their ducklings mainly because they don't see them as theirs. Gees for pair bonds so they are a tight couple. Both care for their goslings. Even ducks have been known to kill their ducklings especially if first timers.

About the only way you can stop your goose from laying in the duck coop is to keep her out of it. My goose likes to lay her eggs inside the duck coop too I really don't know why because she has a nice house with plenty of bedding but they all seem to like to lay where others are laying.If I find a goose egg inside my duck coop I move it to the goose house once she sees a few of her eggs in her house she usually will continue to lay there. If I want gosling if not I just keep taking her eggs. . They are quite tasty too.

Back
Top Bottom