World's Most Expensive Drumstick

Whew! I thought Chicken Matthews'
yippiechickie.gif
amputated wing was expensive! That's about 3500 US dollars!

i love chickens but i dont think i would ever do that. was that really a rhode island red? to me it didnt look like it.

We were faced w/ vet bills in the hundreds (US, not pounds) and we said ‘No.’ I adore my babies and would crying plaintively if I were to lose one. But it’s a chicken.

I did try to bargain w/ myself. "OK, if i give $500 to a food charity in Africa maybe I can justify spendng $200 on a chicken..."

I just looked at the exchange rate. 1.99 US to 1.00 GBP. That's a $4000 vet bill.

My grandmother who passed away last month always had a number of house cats. At any given time she had 8 to 10 of them in the house. She had a thick photo album of all the cats she had cared for since she was a little girl, probably 100 cats in there. She never had any names by the photos, but she would go through the album and point each one out by name.

One time one of the cats went into convulsions and she took it to the local vet. They almost lost the cat. It turned out that my grandmother went to the cupboard for flea powder and ended up dusting the cat with a can of carpet cleaner. The vet went to great lengths to save the cat including performing cpr on it. My grandmother told him that she appreciated it, but that it was only a cat...

Back
Top Bottom