4 week old silver laced wyandotte gender??

Here is the suspects sister...
Hmm… I think I switch my vote to male, sorry for getting your hopes up! I didn’t see any pointy saddle feathers, but there may be some hackle feathers developing upon further inspection.

Hmm… I think I switch my vote to male, sorry for getting your hopes up! I didn’t see any pointy saddle feathers, but there may be some hackle feathers developing upon further inspection.
Sad, but I had a hunch, is 50% error normal? 2 of 4 supposed pullets turning out to be cockerels...

Sad, but I had a hunch, is 50% error normal? 2 of 4 supposed pullets turning out to be cockerels...
Oh no, I’m sorry to hear that! I’d wait a while longer to confirm the RIR’s gender personally, but I think you’re probably right.

As for accuracy, it depends on where you bought them from. Most hatcheries guarantee higher accuracy than that, otherwise they could only sell straight run, but if you purchased them from a feed store or TSC, it does seem a lot more likely to get an accidental cockerel.

In my case, I ordered from Meyer last year and got the four pullets I had ordered without issue.

You can contact the place you bought from and ask what their policies are on incorrect sexing, many will refund you the purchase price at least, or provide replacements.

Back
Top Bottom