5 yr olds done laying?

Lor

Crowing
Mar 23, 2022
South East USA
We haven't seen a duck egg in months. Do you think they're done laying at 5yrs old?
Stress from losing a sister a few weeks ago? (after slowing down from laying during winter)?
They didn't eat much during that time but are back to eating regularly.

I thought my 7yr old Runners and Buffs were done laying but just in the last few weeks I am getting a few eggs again. 7 females and about 2-3 eggs a day.
It could be stress from losing a sister but they usually get over things like that pretty quick unless it was predator and they witnessed it.
What do you feed them?

I thought my 7yr old Runners and Buffs were done laying but just in the last few weeks I am getting a few eggs again. 7 females and about 2-3 eggs a day.
It could be stress from losing a sister but they usually get over things like that pretty quick unless it was predator and they witnessed it.
What do you feed them?
It wasn't due to a predator. It was ascites.
They were eating Dumor chicken laying pellets but I had switched to a locally milled duck pellet about a month ago. The change is why I figured they weren't eating much but they've been eating it now. Once a week I add some nutritional yeast and or kelp. They get a small of amount of frozen peas daily.
These Khaki Campbells are very skittish and don't like anything new. Can't even use a different colored bucket for their peas. LOL I did notice a bullfrog moved into their pond, but that's happened before.
Just not sure what's up with the not laying.

Was just thinking that it might be because their area got smaller? We had trouble with the netting because of trees in the larger area we gave them. They've been cooped up in the pond area for months. Just put up a 10x10 pen next to it to give them more room but still working on getting them from the pond area to the pen.
There's also a bright blue pet carrier in a smaller pen inside that 10x10. I'm sure that scares them.
Been dealing with muscle spasms in my back so haven't had time to remove it.

Back
Top Bottom