7.5 week old Sussex has me stumped

Is it a girl? Do we have the answer?
I used to have an Arabic hen who was a lesbian and looked like a small rooster but she layed eggs. I thought she was a girl at first because she was smaller than her two brothers, then she started being pushed by them and trying to hump the girls, and just looked like a boy, so I thought, oh well, three boys, but THEN at 9 months old which is pretty late, she started laying, and my father said it's a lesbian chicken...
Thats just a boss hen. Not a lesbian lol

Is it a girl? Do we have the answer?
I used to have an Arabic hen who was a lesbian and looked like a small rooster but she layed eggs. I thought she was a girl at first because she was smaller than her two brothers, then she started being pushed by them and trying to hump the girls, and just looked like a boy, so I thought, oh well, three boys, but THEN at 9 months old which is pretty late, she started laying, and my father said it's a lesbian chicken...
lol, this is just dominance-
Hens can mount eachother sometimes, its usually either due to the absence of a male, or simply dominance. I'd bet yours did this due to her size, trying to stay up in the hierarchy.

My ducks do this, and alternate "playing the drake". One of them even tries to mate my leg 😂

lol, this is just dominance-
Hens can mount eachother sometimes, its usually either due to the absence of a male, or simply dominance. I'd bet yours did this due to her size, trying to stay up in the hierarchy.

My ducks do this, and alternate "playing the drake". One of them even tries to mate my leg 😂
Once the dominant male was made into Snizel (he would attack my dogs, and the naighbour’s dog, and that was the end), she started going kukudiduldu! And she definitely looked like a cockerel, rather than a hen, or a cock.

Once the dominant male was made into Snizel (he would attack my dogs, and the naighbour’s dog, and that was the end), she started going kukudiduldu! And she definitely looked like a cockerel, rather than a hen, or a cock.
Yeah, that's what a boss hen does. Don't make them a lesbian

Yeah, that's what a boss hen does. Don't make them a lesbian
Really? They grow saddle feathers and a big comb? Also, usually boss hens are at the top of the pecking order, aren’t they? I guess she could have just been a bossy hen, but she started laying pretty late at nine or ten months old and for a few good months I thought she was a boy. Her name was Oach, and then I changed it to Yochi.
(These are names from my native language, one is a predator bird and the other is a shortage of Moses’s mother’s name)

Really? They grow saddle feathers and a big comb? Also, usually boss hens are at the top of the pecking order, aren’t they? I guess she could have just been a bossy hen, but she started laying pretty late at nine or ten months old and for a few good months I thought she was a boy. Her name was Oach, and then I changed it to Yochi.
(These are names from my native language, one is a predator bird and the other is a shortage of Moses’s mother’s name)
Yep. Two of my 3 sebrights started taking lead after being broken of brooding and they're little terrors now. Look just like sebright roosters and act like it to everyone, even the real males half the time. They occasionally let the real flockmaster breed them, but not as often as other hens

Yep. Two of my 3 sebrights started taking lead after being broken of brooding and they're little terrors now. Look just like sebright roosters and act like it to everyone, even the real males half the time. They occasionally let the real flockmaster breed them, but not as often as other hens
Wow chickens are weird! Lol

Back
Top Bottom