8 week silkie sexing

Maggiechrisman

In the Brooder
Apr 25, 2023
I’m looking to get a silkie hen for my male because im worried he’s going to hurt my Mille fleurs.
Can you help me with sexing? Breeder says he’s pretty sure they’re pullets. (He’s a local guy not a hatchery)

What are your tried and true methods of sexing silkies??

Attachments

• IMG_2798.jpeg
    IMG_2798.jpeg
    593.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2799.jpeg
    IMG_2799.jpeg
    670.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2800.jpeg
    IMG_2800.jpeg
    665.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2802.jpeg
    IMG_2802.jpeg
    612.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2804.jpeg
    IMG_2804.jpeg
    569.6 KB · Views: 30
I’m looking to get a silkie hen for my male because im worried he’s going to hurt my Mille fleurs.
Can you help me with sexing? Breeder says he’s pretty sure they’re pullets. (He’s a local guy not a hatchery)

What are your tried and true methods of sexing silkies??
Either a Silkie mix, or a Satin(Silkie without the Silkie feathers)

Pullet, she's got the partridge Laced breast pattern.

I’m not entirely concerned about the “purity” of the possible hen. Just want to make sure it’s a pullet 😂 I have a male silkie already and I’m worried he’s going to hump my Mille fleur hen to death and he’s twice her size. Basically I need a girlfriend for my roo lol

Silkies aren’t supposed to have single combs. That may be a “satin” Silkie mix or just a Silkie mix. I’ve always thought it’s weird to call Satins Silkies because they don’t conform to the SOP.
Honestly looks like my friends silkie/ bantam partridge cochin cross... great personality and she'll be just perfect for him as a lady companion..
If you're not breeding or showing it doesn't matter but that dude is a fraud.

Back
Top Bottom