any cool toy ideas for baby chicks

give them a real branch to explore and practice roosting on. They can push around a brightly colored small ball. Cut the narrow ends out of a shoe box, so chicks can run through the tunnel. You can hang parrot toys for them to play with, bells etc.
Thanks i was thinking about parrot toys I've tried the roosting thing the two older ones prefer the edge of the huge tote i have them in.. You know how chickens are so when im not home i put chicken wire over top to be safe

Give them lots of room. Plan on a minimum of 2 s.f./bird by the time they are 2 - 3 weeks old. a plug of sod from your untreated yard will give them lots of play value as well as immune building microbes, greens, insects, seeds, first dust bath, minerals.
This^^^
Chickens don't need 'toys', they are not kittens or puppies or even parrots.

Lots of SPACE is the most important aspect of a good chick/chicken environment.
Things to climb on and under are good. Remember they are afraid of new things, so adding bunch of strange stuff can stress them out.

Definitely branches, and space to fly...make some branches higher than they can fly so they can practice.
and live bugs, real dirt to scratch in......play for chicks means developing skills they need as adults.....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom