anyone know an adoption agency for ducks?

I don't know about near you but our local places do cats and dogs. I know we have specialty places that take in horses but maybe you can try to google duck rescue long island or something similar and see what you get.

Do you have 4H out there? They might be able to help.

And I may have a male Cayuga available depending on how his next week goes
lau.gif

You can also keep an eye out on here, people do post about ducks available. Someone just found 50 on the side of the road but she's in MD (I think).

what about the lady who just rescued 40 pekin ducks...she posted it on this forum. Not sure where either one of your locations are but she could use some adopters??!! good luck!!!

Call your local extension office, I think, I could be wrong, Cornell handles it for Long Island. Local 4-H. The local pounds or humane society *might* have a line on a farm rescue in the area, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Google or petfinder.com also might turn some rescues up.

If arent looking to "rescue" a duck to adopt, I would think craigslist or even BYC might be able to hook you up with someone in your area willing to sell you a duck to adopt.

Best of luck!!

I am not saying all are like this, and I understand why they are this way, but I tried to adopt from a couple rescue facilities in California. I could have adopted children a lot easier. Basically, they wanted the ducks inside a locked vault, inside another locked vault, padlocks with keys, so raccoons and people couldn't get in and take them, my black pond liner was ok, but a kiddie pool was better (????). One place wanted to know if I was a vegan.........ok, fine, I'll say no. But then, they wanted an explanation as to why I wasn't..... I already told them I don't eat my pets....this was the application, and I thought it was just going a bit far so I quit. I went weeks going back and forth explaining my setup and everything to another group. One lady saw the light outside the pen I left on at night when the ones I had were babies and had just been put outside. She was worried it would attract bugs and they would eat them and get sick.
Needless to say, I didn't rescue any ducks but bought some more. Again, I can see making sure they go to good homes, but the rules of the ones I tried to adopt from were just so strict it made it impossible.
You may find ones that are easier to deal with, I have heard of good ones that are great to work with. I found mine on Craigslist and met some really nice people that way too. I answered some ads, and placed an ad saying I needed ducks. Our local pound does get them from time to time to, so that may be a place to look too, if you want to find a rescue duck.

Quote:
not exactly how far L.I. NY is from MD. but on this duck forum is a lady that picked up 40 pekin ducks from off the side of the road and can't keep them all...

Back
Top Bottom