Black snakes....EWWWWW!!!

shemarie

Chirping
14 Years
Feb 22, 2007
Topeka, KS
Sent my son out today to put my newest chicken away so she wouldn't go to roost in the trees...and to gather the eggs. He came in and said no eggs today mom..well...we have not had a no egg day for i don't know how long. I went to check, thinking maybe they had picked a new spot. There was a pile of straw under the nesting box, so I took the broom and was spreading it around...and I thought to myself...hmmm, hope I don't find a snake in here. I didn't find one...I found 3, well maybe 2...not sure...one of them had a big egg shaped middle. the little one got away, but the biggest one that had egg in its gut couldn't get through the wire. So I put him in a big bucket and relocated him to a barn up the road that is empty and has lots of rodents. Hope he stays...but I 'm not countin on it. I didn't want to kill it because they are good rodent control...but they don't need to eat my breakfast. Now I have a couple of smaller ones to catch...sure hope I don't have a nest of 20.
hmm.png

Hate them, love them, but hate them!!!
he.gif
barnie.gif

Can't stand snakes, and I know the black ones are good for rodent control, so I tolerate them. Don't have to like them, right? EWWWWWWW is right!
Found a HUGE snakeskin in the studio last week
th.gif
, believe me I am looking in every crevise before I reach into anything!!
ep.gif
barnie.gif

Can Snakes throw up?

Cuz I am pretty sure I have a snake with a big belly ache...my ceramic egg is gone too! It was outside the other night, and I wondered about that and put it back in the nesting box. But now it is gone...So I am thinking the big snake ate it...what a surprise.

Back
Top Bottom