Can someone help me with identifying this bunny's gender?

JHDucks

Chirping
Mar 4, 2023
Bunny sold to us as male and we have "him" with 2 other males. Can anyone confirm the gender for us? I'm not very experienced with this, but my hunch is female.

Attachments

• 20230429_104129.jpg
    20230429_104129.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230429_104124.jpg
    20230429_104124.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 4
Hi there! Could you try getting a clearer pic? And maybe press a little harder. I am leaning towards female…. 😬 better get her seperated quick, until we know for sure. Or else you are gonna have a lot more then 3 bunnies! 😅

Oh no, that's what we are thinking too. They've been bonded for a few weeks too. We just put them back, but when we let them out again, I'll try to get a more clear picture. Thanks for your help!

Here's another picture.
Yep, that looks like a female 😬 sorry! The breeder we got our bunnies from made the same mistake…except we didn’t know until there were babies in the hutch! Definitely keep her seperated. Since she is only 10 weeks, chances of her being pregnant are very slim.

Yep, that looks like a female 😬 sorry! The breeder we got our bunnies from made the same mistake…except we didn’t know until there were babies in the hutch! Definitely keep her seperated. Since she is only 10 weeks, chances of her being pregnant are very slim.
Thanks so much for your help. Do you know how early a vet will neuter/spay bunnies? I feel so bad separating her from her two cuddle buddies.

Thanks so much for your help. Do you know how early a vet will neuter/spay bunnies? I feel so bad separating her from her two cuddle buddies.
Yes, I know how you feel! I have heard it’s always best to wait until they are at least six months, as fixing bunnies can be a bit more dangerous then it is with other animals. I would call around and see what vets in your area recommend. Be prepared that you may have to go through the bonding process again, as having them seperated for that long might make the bunnies territorial. My best wishes, and if you have any more questions I’m here!

Back
Top Bottom