Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Hey y'all! Thanks for reaching out! My ladies and I are doing great! šŸ˜Š looking forward to summer!
1000199075.jpg

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hi all, yes, it's been a hot minute - life is so busy I don't check the forums often. But, just popping in to share that we still have lots of chickens, lots of eggs and lots of fun! They keep us moving for sure. Actually, we've blocked out some time tomorrow to clean some chicken butts - ugh, not a fun job but it's been so wet and miserable around here I think that's caused a few to get a little messy. So, they'll get a butt bath to clean them up. The joys of chicken keeping!

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Howdy Peeps!
Sorry I haven't checked in for a long, long time. So much has transpired. My hubby got injured at work in October of 2022. We unfortunately had to sell everything including our home and our 100 beloved chickens and several dear ducks. We literally had to start over from scratch. Fast forward to better days. On Valentine's Day of this year we were handed the deed to our small, one acre piece of land! We're living the Camper Life and slowly getting the property ready for all of our hobbies. That most definitely includes building a coop and getting chickens and ducks again. Oh how I miss having feather babies!! We live beside a wooded area where there is quite a bit of wildlife, so I am open for any and all advice on how to allow them to free range them and build a coop that is as tight as Fort Knox. We had great devastation at our last home between the neighbors dogs, weasels, snakes, and the family of coons living in the woods. We want to be better prepared this time.
Anyway, thank y'all ahead of time for any advice you can give. Looking so forward to being a part of this awesome community again!
God bless!
Mimi Chickaduck

Hello! Everything is fine in my little corner of the universe! My husband recently finished a very large fenced in area for our chickens to roam around in so they are all doing great! We are up to 21 chickens now thanks to chicken math :) Thank you for checking!

Id love to join a chat of introduction. I currently am a self funded parrot rescue in Central Florida. My husband and I have been talking about getting chickens for years. About 15 years ago I rescued a pair of ducks that were so badly abused their legs were permanently bent. First I rehabbed them in a kiddie pool until they strengthened their legs and when they mastered that I dug them a pond with a huge run and to hide it from prying eyes I planted thick shrubbery all along the run. You couldn't even tell it was there. Long story short they ended up doing really well and somehow breeding with wild Muscovy ducks and had 9 ducklings When we bought this house I donated them to a children's farm park. They were all trained to follow me around and other things so they were a big hit. We want to make our chickens just as happy. I want everything to be ideal for long term keeping for eggs. Can anyone help with tips?

Attachments

• me and my best birds Lisa and Kermit.jpg
    me and my best birds Lisa and Kermit.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 1
  • BIRDS my cockatiel family.jpg
    BIRDS my cockatiel family.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 1
  • BIRDS MY FAVORITE BOYS ROMEO AND SKIPPY CHILLING IN THEIR NEW DOUBLE WIDE MACAW CAGE.jpg
    BIRDS MY FAVORITE BOYS ROMEO AND SKIPPY CHILLING IN THEIR NEW DOUBLE WIDE MACAW CAGE.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 2
  • not easy with birds lol.jpg
    not easy with birds lol.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom