Chickens do the darndest things

BellevueOmlet

Songster
9 Years
Jul 10, 2010
I have seen a lot of posts lately about odd and cute things Chickens do. New funny and odd things every day.

Post what weird or funny things your chickens do.

My 10 week old plymoth rock likes to play leap frog with the other chickens. She will run and jump Over the other chickens. It is so cute.

LEAPFROG!! Haha!

Um.. my kiddos are still in the 'brooder' dog kennel. One has discovered the perches I added.. I mean 2, and I think others are noticing them too and trying to get up. A lot of flaping wings!

My chickens FORCE me to put on the outside lights after dark so they can get the current slew of june beetles passing through. They readily get off the perches, and they and the ducks dart outside for the feast.
i am fully expected to catch some and hand feed them too. I fear they will peck me to death if I do not comply.
smile.png

Mine like to chase the water coming out of the sprinkler, then when they get wet they run from it,
then they keep chasing it till they get wet then they run from it again. They do this for about a half an hour.
it is hilarious to watch
lol.png

Last edited:
lol.png
I wish I had sprinklers so I could try that with my chickens. It sounds hilarious and I would love to see that.

I have a BO pullet that attacks our pet dog. She literally chases the dog around the yard, squawking and pecking at the dog until the poor dog cowers in fear and runs back in the house. The chickens used to live in fear of the dog, but now they know that "Buffy the Dog Slayer" will keep them all safe.
D.gif

I can't wait to watch my little girls! I've only had them for about 4 hours now, and have already noticed distinct personalities. One of the little sweeties was running up to me and trying to cuddle! These chicks are way better than tv:) I hope my kids think so this summer!

I have a little serama cockerel that has a foot fettish
roll.png
He walks away from the little group and comes over and stands on my foot or shoe. If I move him and start walking he'll get under my feet waiting for me to stop so he can stand back up on my shoe/foot.
lol.png

I have a 3yr old leghorn hen Krispy that likes to spar with me. I'm the only one who comes out with scratchs,bite marks, bruises or even sometimes bloody
lol.png

Coco my bantam rosecomb RIR will fly straight at me expecting to catch her...- I always do
roll.png

Many others but I can't think of them it is to late for me
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom