Claussen Kosher Pickle Copycat

BettyR

Songster
12 Years
Mar 1, 2008
Texas Gulf Coast
I found this recipe on the web and tweaked it just a little to suit my taste. It is a really good recipe and the closest to Claussen's that I've ever found. I got the 1 gallon food storage jugs at Walmart. My garden is going wild this year and I can barely keep up with my canning, freezing and making pickles. These are refrigerator pickles so they will have be kept in the frig. but we keep an extra frig in the garage for storing things we don't have room for in the house. I plan to put as many jars up as I have room for.

Claussen Kosher Pickle Copycat

Ingredients

* 1 gallon cucumbers
* 1/3 cup dehydrated minced onion
* 2 teaspoons dehydrated minced garlic or 6 garlic cloves, minced
* 1-1/2 teaspoons mustard seeds
* 4 teaspoons dill seed
* 1 1/2 quarts water
* 2 cups cider vinegar
* 1/2 cup canning salt…(I couldn’t find canning salt so I just used plain table salt with no iodine)

Slice cucumbers lengthwise into quarters add to jars.
Boil liquids and seasonings for 5 minutes to dissolve the salt and wake up the flavors, then cool. Pour over pickles and let sit on counter for three days turning them occasionally. Then refrigerate. They will keep for a year.

Please do not try to use the regular grocery store cucumbers, they have wax on them and they will not turn out. You can use grocery store pickling cucumbers, as they are not waxed.

HomemadeKosherPickles001.jpg

This is a great recipe. Thanks!.. I also use this same recipe to make refrigerator pickled peppers. I just use what ever peppers I have from the garden. Oh so good on a sandwich.

Back
Top Bottom