MandyMusshafen

Songster
Premium Feather Member
Apr 2, 2023
I have a 7 1/2 qeek old bantam cochin and I'm just not sure about it! We have another one hatched the same day that is most definitely a cockrel (labeled B1). Here is a pic for reference.
Snapchat-1051301400~2.jpg

But this other one I just can't tell. It has a pretty significant comb, but it's not red like the other's and no wattles that I can see.
20230403_194224.jpg

20230403_194218.jpg

20230403_193644~2.jpg

Any help would be appreciated!

Update! His waddles are in and his comb is more red. Definitely a little boy! 😭
We've been calling him Bruce Lee and he is our friendliest of the flock so we may just keep him and the 2 bantam pullets seperate from the others! I've found a home for the other bantam cochin cockrel (1st pic in OP)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230411_212318_Photos~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20230411_212318_Photos~2.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 7
We've been calling him Bruce Lee and he is our friendliest of the flock so we may just keep him and the 2 bantam pullets seperate from the others! I've found a home for the other bantam cochin cockrel (1st pic in OP)

It's a cockerel. Ducks waddle, chickens have wattles

Glad you're keeping him, he's beautiful, and I love his full leg feathers.

Glad you're keeping him, he's beautiful, and I love his full leg feathers.
Thanks! Me too! I'm hoping he stays as sweet as he is now! He's the only one that seems to like human interaction! I ordered a smaller coop for him and his ladies so he doesn't get beat up by the bigger roo!

Thanks! Me too! I'm hoping he stays as sweet as he is now! He's the only one that seems to like human interaction! I ordered a smaller coop for him and his ladies so he doesn't get beat up by the bigger roo!
My cochin banty roo holds his own against the two big ones, believe me, lol! Hope he stays friendly, too. Mine has developed quite the attitude now. Still friendly, but if he doesn't like something (like me trying to put him in the coop) he lets you know! That little beak packs a punch!

Update! 11 weeks! We've named him Bruce Lee! He's the family fave!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230502_143409_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230502_143409_Photos.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom