Do guinea hatchlings have a hard time getting out of shell

bowie1

Hatching
6 Years
Feb 26, 2013
I have guinea eggs in a incubator. The eggs are so hard. I'm worried that this makes the babies have a hard time getting out of the egg. please help

Guinea eggs are typically much stronger than chicken eggs. They have thicker more durable shells but I have never experienced a keet having trouble hatching. As long as you make sure the temp is proper and there is an adequate amount of humidity the keets will hatch just fine.They usually take 12 to 24 hours to hatch after the first pip.

Last edited:
Most of my guinea eggs hatch just fine without assistance. I believe guinea eggs are like chicken eggs in that the shells become very porous towards the end of incubation. This causes them to be easier for the baby to break out of. But this also makes the humidity a much more critical factor. Since the egg is now porous moisture inside the egg can easily escape if the humidity is too low in the incubator. This can cause the inner membrane to shrinkwrap around the baby. If this happens the baby will have to have help hatching or die.

Hope this isn't more information than you bargained for!
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom