Do they all do this?

BelovedBirds

Crossing the Road
Nov 8, 2021
England
Every time I open the nest box to take eggs out, or go in the pen bearing treats, Sprightly opens her mouth wide and runs to me, so excited! She makes this happy laughy chatter while doing this. She loves eating the eggs, so comes running in hopes of one.

Dougie doesn't do this, she just runs and quacks. But Sprightly's face is the absolute picture of joy. Do your ducks do this when excited, or is my Sprightly just weird? 😂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230206_170849_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20230206_170849_Video Player.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20230206_170856_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20230206_170856_Video Player.jpg
    367.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20230206_170826_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20230206_170826_Video Player.jpg
    485.1 KB · Views: 6
Lol, so adorable! I like how in the third picture, Dougie looks like she's giving Sprightly a dirty look for being such a suck-up!

Mine seem more interested in being fed when they run towards me. And if I don't have anything for them, I get scolded as the walk away.
They sure are bossy!
I get yelled at all the time 😂

@BelovedBirds What type of duck is she?
I'm not certain, I believe Aylesbury cross, I originally thought crossed with pekin bit then I saw a white Campbell(?) and I'm amazed at how much it looks like them. I don't know anything about white campbells, but I thought they were somewhat rare

These are my girls and a white Campbell for reference. This drake looks identical to Dougie, except for Bill colour.

While on the subject, does anyone know about this breed and whether it's possible they could be mixed with it?

Attachments

• 20230114_181039.jpg
    20230114_181039.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230114_181034.jpg
    20230114_181034.jpg
    475.7 KB · Views: 6
  • campbell_white_m_600.gif
    campbell_white_m_600.gif
    21.2 KB · Views: 6
I don't know anything about the Campbell breed, but so interesting. I was curious because your first pictures looked smaller than pekin, but these girls you just posted look more pekin to me. I only have experience with pekin and Duclairs, which are a little smaller than pekins. Do they all have pink beaks? I had one pekin female with a pink beak, but I know it's characteristic of the Aylesbury breed - although I thought they were even heavier than pekins.

I don't know anything about the Campbell breed, but so interesting. I was curious because your first pictures looked smaller than pekin, but these girls you just posted look more pekin to me. I only have experience with pekin and Duclairs, which are a little smaller than pekins. Do they all have pink beaks? I had one pekin female with a pink beak, but I know it's characteristic of the Aylesbury breed - although I thought they were even heavier than pekins.
There's only two, yeah they both have pink bills, the first pictures were recent, the ones I just posted were last summer

I'd say they're a little smaller than pekins, which is why Aylesbury cross pekin doesn't make a lot of sense to me anymore. I'd imagine they'd be bigger if they were those two breeds.
I haven't heard of Duclairs!

Back
Top Bottom