Easter Egger - Hen or Roo

Meangel

Chirping
Apr 12, 2020
Greeting chicken fans
I have purchased what I was "told" were 5 month old pullets. I have had them about a month and one looks a little suspect. Its larger than the other, but they are a few weeks apart in age. They are EE.
No crows or aggressive or breeding behaviors. No eggs, but its hot and they could be delayed?

Would appreciate any educated guess.
20210818_074311_resized.jpg

20210818_074853_resized.jpg

20210818_074821_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Greeting chicken fans
I have purchased what I was "told" were 5 month old pullets. I have had them about a month and one looks a little suspect. Its larger than the other, but they are a few weeks apart in age.
No crows or aggressive or breeding behaviors. No eggs, but its hot and they could be delayed?

Would appreciate any educated guess.
View attachment 2802584
View attachment 2802583

View attachment 2802585
I could be wrong but I don't think the dark one is an ee

Need closer pics of feathering, from the side, and pictures of combs. With what you've posted, they seem to be pullets, but that's guesswork.
Thank you....I just read the post about "good Pic" for identifying. lol
I will take more....but on the birds...I am not seeing signs of saddle or pointy feathers.
No difference in comb size....I have a total of 5 EEs from the same supplier. Other than one is larger (older by 2 weeks) they are pretty uniform. No croaking or crowing.
thanks

I will take more....but on the birds...I am not seeing signs of saddle or pointy feathers.
No difference in comb size....I have a total of 5 EEs from the same supplier. Other than one is larger (older by 2 weeks) they are pretty uniform. No croaking or crowing.
thanks
Then I think you have pullets. And I would like to point out to the board that yes, sometimes pullets do have bright red shoulders :oops:

thanks
May have problems with close ups....they are still very flighty Run or fly when approached.. Need to get telephoto lens. lol

Back
Top Bottom