Extremely ill guinea hen. Very skinny and lethargic. HELP!

Pastel the Rooster

Crossing the Road
Apr 22, 2022
Southern Georgia
The hen is about to be a year old August 25th. She is very sweet, and loves attention. But not like this. I noticed that yesterday she was in the shade laying down. I thought that she was just laying an egg.

About 30 mins ago I went out and saw that she was laying down near the door of the coop. I've been out if town for the last week and have been back for two days.
I took her inside. I just soaked her in warm Epsom salt water, in case she is egg bound, but I couldn't feel any abnormalities in her.

she is very skinny, and is just laying down dozing off. Now she is standing, trying to sleep.
It has been VERY hot the past week. In the high 90's to low 100's. I'm holding that she is just severely dehydrated, but she has a sneeze.

She is still alert, but very light. I've not seen her drink the electrolight water I gave her about 10 mins ago.

Giving her sugar water now.

video of her laying in her bath.

I'm very worried about her.

@azygous, @bgmathteach, @RoyalChick, @BY Bob, @Wyorp Rock, @Ponypoor, @rural mouse

Please help.

The hen is about to be a year old August 25th. She is very sweet, and loves attention. But not like this. I noticed that yesterday she was in the shade laying down. I thought that she was just laying an egg.

About 30 mins ago I went out and saw that she was laying down near the door of the coop. I've been out if town for the last week and have been back for two days.
I took her inside. I just soaked her in warm Epsom salt water, in case she is egg bound, but I couldn't feel any abnormalities in her.

she is very skinny, and is just laying down dozing off. Now she is standing, trying to sleep.
It has been VERY hot the past week. In the high 90's to low 100's. I'm holding that she is just severely dehydrated, but she has a sneeze.

She is still alert, but very light. I've not seen her drink the electrolight water I gave her about 10 mins ago.

Giving her sugar water now.

video of her laying in her bath.

I'm very worried about her.

@azygous, @bgmathteach, @RoyalChick, @BY Bob, @Wyorp Rock, @Ponypoor, @rural mouse

Please help.
@Eggcessive
@aart
@R2elk

Could she have the avian flu? She is sneezing, has lack if coordination, and has diarrhea. Those are symptoms of the flu, right?
I really don't want it to be the flu, or else all of my babies will die 😭😭😣😟
I don't know avian flu symptoms. Try to get her to eat and drink. it's most important.

Back
Top Bottom