Caroline! A dominant white Olive egger to whom I can’t stop singing “Sweeet Caroline, ta ta taaa 🎶 “. She is in fact sweet, always blindingly white, and favors lounging.
Another white hen! For a while it was nothing but fancy black hens around here. It's about time another magic white chicken joined the thread!

20240428_184808.jpg

I am leaning towards the BB (Black Breasted) Red OEB, the Crele pattern chicks have white spots on their heads. The Silver Duckwings have a silvery colour and white strips from head to tail.

They fit in your hand when they are older, that's how tiny they will be, they will be even smaller than my silkies ! but I am reading that they are not cold or heat hardy - that will be a huge problem here in the winter, and maybe in the summer when it's hot and steamy.
They're going to be tiny terrors....maybe the other should be Tiny....or Goliath.... and if they're hens....100% guarantee to have a nest in the loft at some point....

I am leaning towards the BB (Black Breasted) Red OEB, the Crele pattern chicks have white spots on their heads. The Silver Duckwings have a silvery colour and white strips from head to tail.

They fit in your hand when they are older, that's how tiny they will be, they will be even smaller than my silkies ! but I am reading that they are not cold or heat hardy - that will be a huge problem here in the winter, and maybe in the summer when it's hot and steamy.
I don't think I could ever have bantams - I would be too afraid of harming something so tiny. When the baby Carolina Wren that hatched in my garage was learning to fly, he was on a mission to self destruct. I was always terrified I would crush him as I hauled him out of buckets and paint cans etc. Honestly, you would think they would have more basic flight skills, but this little guy was always face-planting on the walls and dropping down into buckets of water. I had to make the garage baby-bird proof and even then he managed to find ways to get into trouble.
Here he is - so cute! Eventually he learned to fly, grew up, and sang to me from the peach tree outside the garage.
He gave me as much anxiety as the chickens!
IMG_3781.jpeg
IMG_3780.jpeg
IMG_3764.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom