There are two of them on either side of the second covered run.
They are 4’x12’ and they slope down. I can measure when I get home but at the lowest edge about 15” and it probably goes up to about 20” where it attaches to the run.
Each one has two pop doors so I can seal them off if I want and when both are open no chicken can get stuck in a dead end.
That leads to many hilarious Benny Hill style chases going around and around and in and out!
The middle two sections of each one can be opened up like a blanket box. That way I can dump dead leaves in there or retrieve a chicken if I have to.
They seem to be a favorite hang out.
They are one of the coolest features of the Palace. I love them.

What breed is this roo? My friend got him as a chick at TSC.View attachment 3459516
He looks like some kind of black breasted red with the diluted black (making him blue). Yellow legs, large straight comb...

Not a sapphire gem. The white in the tail....

The chestnut shoulders....

I'm wondering if he's a Rhode Island Blue. I'm having a hard time finding pics of the roos

Well this is new, what are you 3 doing up there? Yeah, I really do not need them watching momma hen. She definitely would have them up in a tree no problem.
View attachment 3459200
I have always what leghorns would do with a lot of space. This is going to be so much fun to watch. Please keep me appraised of their antics. You are really going to love them.

Back
Top Bottom