Yes, I’m still alive. Lol

I am 800 pages behind, not sure I will ever catch up.

Chooks are all fine, although several aren’t feeling the greatest due to molting. The babies are getting huge! Integration has been going well. Although they still get tossed off if they dare try to get up on the top roost. They tend to start the night roosting on the landing bar in front of the nest boxes, and then migrate back into a pullet pile on top of their integration crate.

We adopted a dog on Saturday. He is supposedly a Belgian Malinois mix about 18 months old. So far he seems good around the chicks. Sniffed one of the babies when my husband held it while I held him on a leash, then walked off. Took him in the coop on a leash and he looked around but didn’t try to lunge/chase/play with them. Of course it will be a long time before we leave them together unsupervised, if ever.

I am probably getting a promotion at work and have been crazy busy. DH is still unemployed but on disability, and is trying to find a job before Dr releases him.

Here are a few random pics, I have taken a ton with the intention of posting them but never manage to get it done, lol.

Rufus, the new dog. Hard to get him to hold still long enough for a pic, will try to post a better one some time.
IMG_6675.jpeg

Had the girls do some pumpkin carving
IMG_6596.jpeg

After 45 minutes
IMG_6598.jpeg

After 4 hours, lol
IMG_6601.jpeg

Random baby pics
IMG_6444.jpeg

I’m
IMG_6577.jpeg

IMG_6575.jpeg

IMG_6562.jpeg

Their colors have developed even more in the week or so since I took those.

Hope everyone and their chooks have been doing well!!!

Chooks are all fine, although several aren’t feeling the greatest due to molting. The babies are getting huge! Integration has been going well. Although they still get tossed off if they dare try to get up on the top roost. They tend to start the night roosting on the landing bar in front of the nest boxes, and then migrate back into a pullet pile on top of their integration crate.

We adopted a dog on Saturday. He is supposedly a Belgian Malinois mix about 18 months old. So far he seems good around the chicks. Sniffed one of the babies when my husband held it while I held him on a leash, then walked off. Took him in the coop on a leash and he looked around but didn’t try to lunge/chase/play with them. Of course it will be a long time before we leave them together unsupervised, if ever.

I am probably getting a promotion at work and have been crazy busy. DH is still unemployed but on disability, and is trying to find a job before Dr releases him.

Here are a few random pics, I have taken a ton with the intention of posting them but never manage to get it done, lol.

Rufus, the new dog. Hard to get him to hold still long enough for a pic, will try to post a better one some time.
View attachment 3673150

View attachment 3673151

After 45 minutes
View attachment 3673152

After 4 hours, lol
View attachment 3673153
I wonder what happened to that pumpkin 🎃. It could never have been the good girls they wouldn't peck it. Maybe it was the ghosts 👻 🤔
Random baby pics
View attachment 3673157
I’m
View attachment 3673154

View attachment 3673155

View attachment 3673156

Thanks!
Yep, I don't have any snow boots. Didn't need them in the city...
Our power went out as well! My dad shoveled his way over and hooked up my generator thankfully. Poor hubby has been on the road for 2.5 hours for what is normally a 45 minute drive from work. ☹️
Looks like we have 7" of accumulation currently.
View attachment 3672864
The appropriate reaction to the snow...
View attachment 3672865
And it's sticky so he brought in some snowballs too.
I bet that cutey will enjoy a warm cuddle after that freezing 🥶 snow

I’m not sure exactly, what is wrong with Sir Jaffar. He has been sluggish and without energy the last few days. His situation hasn’t improved since Friday.
I have been taking him with me everywhere, making sure he gets water and vitamins. He’s been eating normally but he just doesn’t have the energy I’m used to seeing. :idunno He’s not interested in being around the other chooks at all.
I kinda thought that I should say something about it to the club here.
Jaffar :hugs
No one could do better than you caring for him Alex. ❤️ he will know that

As I went out too feed my girls and change their water bowls. I had the most lovely surprise.
The tree at the top of my back garden has an old bird house which has managed to get stuck in the branches and settled on its side. I heard little happy tweeting going on as I changed the water bowl below. There's little ones happily chirping away inside that house and I suspect it's Robins. One of my favourite wild species ❤️

View attachment 3673150

View attachment 3673151

After 45 minutes
View attachment 3673152

After 4 hours, lol
View attachment 3673153

Random baby pics
View attachment 3673157
I’m
View attachment 3673154

View attachment 3673155

View attachment 3673156

So good to see you back here. Great pictures.

Earlier today I wished that everyone felt good and no pain, and that their chooks were all fine. This means you too Kelly
Thanks Alex 😊 just over did it with the pavers and cement I guess.

Still wish I had kept one of those silkie babies though 😊💕

Guess who is broodie??? Henny Penny 😊 silly chook, not that I need any more chickens but it it was warmer I would risk shoving a couple of my friends eggs under her.

Bad Kelly!

Back
Top Bottom