Has this Muscovy internally pipped? What temp / humidity for lockdown

Hatcher1997

Chirping
May 1, 2022
Hello I’m on day 30 of hatching my first and lonesome Muscovy egg! Is today lockdown and should I be lowering the temp and what to? I’ve been trying to stick to more of a dry hatch the whole time and the article written on here states to not even increase the humidity all that much in lockdown? Would I drown it if I’m increasing it a lot considering it’s been dryer humidity? I’m not sure what to do. Is the video showing internal pipping? More clear towards the end, thank you!

That's a little low for ducks but try to boost humidity to 65 ish for lock down, it might need higher.
Here's a good article on Muscovy hatching. https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/incubating-and-hatching-muscovy-eggs.63532/
I’ve read it before thus why I’m doing dry hatching because of this article. “even using 84º WET BULB reading that will give about a 52.4% humidity which is still too high for successful hatching in most cases.” I’m just not sure what to rise it to now it’s in lockdown. I gather day 30 is lockdown, not sure if the temp needs decreasing either? Thank you

I’ve read it before thus why I’m doing dry hatching because of this article. “even using 84º WET BULB reading that will give about a 52.4% humidity which is still too high for successful hatching in most cases.” I’m just not sure what to rise it to now it’s in lockdown. I gather day 30 is lockdown, not sure if the temp needs decreasing either? Thank you
At this point I'd hold the Temps steady and stay in the ball park of 60% for the lock down. That's what is usually quoted when dry hatching chicks.

Back
Top Bottom